Huge fps drop when tgp and mav in mfd

wolf74

+1 except all I have to do is put the flir up and I start to clunk. With both flir and mav it's almost unplayable I usually only run 50-60 fps but after update its been cut in half at least.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

Hi, i have an huge fps drop when i set tgp and mav in both mfd and units are in the fov of this cameras. How do you set mfd screen resolution? I am on 1024 every frame. If i set lower resolution doesn't change very much

dont use the "every frame" option, just use normal 1024. Better for your fps

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I've observed this as well, that's just the reality of it I think, it has to render another area, and it also has to deal with extra DRAW CALLS! Which is something Vulkan API rendered should improve a lot.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

With 2.5.6 in caucasus is terrible. With su-25t or a-10c, tgp ON, totally unplayable (full stuttering when tv looks at horizon).

I realized that in Persian Gulf this doesn´s happen, maybe some change in cache or precaching data has bugged caucasus region?

Yep, writing about it, at least one aspect of it, not necessairly the thing behind all the performance issues, trying to finish it for 3 days but just keeps on going I don't want to half-ass it, made a little mistake in screenshots and I have to redo some parts completely, but I'm not fond of TLDRs either so nope :p

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I've observed this as well, that's just the reality of it I think, it has to render another area, and it also has to deal with extra DRAW CALLS! Which is something Vulkan API rendered should improve a lot.

Daily reminder Vulkan is, 99%, not coming in 2020. So don't call it out as if it was a fix, it's far, far away.

Daily reminder Vulkan is, 99%, not coming in 2020. So don't call it out as if it was a fix, it's far, far away.

Ah, it's semantics, it still counts, it just fixes the problem in another way altogether, from a bigger point of view. That doesn't mean that little fixes shouldn't be made, if at all possible to be done in a better way then it's still kinda wasteful to draw the grids and other things in F10 AWACS View with so many draw calls, but I'm not concluding anything, I would have just thought a static grid wouldn't need that much to bog down the CPU like that, perhaps it's necessary due to scalable vectors and not being static texture.