Dynamic Campaign?

kiss4luna

A 3rd party dynamic campaign generator is in the works, at the moment there's no info on possible or impossible BS-compatibility, however.

Lock on MUST have a dynamic campaign and toe-brakes on an axis

My blog full of incoherent ramblings on random subjects: https://anttiilomaki.wordpress.com/

• ED Team

Once the system is finalized, we'll provide a more detailed description, but it is essentially a phased system that the player can go back and fourth between phases based on mission results. Within each phase can contain an unlimited number of missions and mission selection can be based mission results from the previous mission. Within each mission though, random factors can be set (such as unit appearance). All missions are created with the new mission editor that includes quite a few trigger function scripts.

The campaign tool will ship with the game and players can create campaigns with as many phases as they want and with as many missions per phase as they want to include. Depending on the amount of effort that the campaign designer puts into it, a campaign can provide a great deal of replayability.

One of the reasons we chose this sort of campaign rather than a branching campaign is that it much more easily provides the feel of a moving front line (assuming you correspond FLOT location with each phase).

In later iterations of DCS, we’ll add other functions to the campaign system.

I’ll probably devote a producer note to this and the mission editor later.

but it is essentially a phased system that the player can go back and fourth between phases based on mission results.

Hi Wags: What constitutes a 'Phase' ?

Different missions around a particular area (suceed, move missions to an area forward of present 'phase', inconclusive, stay with this phase, abject failure fall back ?) or something else ?

Does the mission creator difine which of any number of phases to move to on certain conditions ?

Cheers.

• ED Team

Oh, not at all. I've just been doing this long enough to know not to comment into too much detail about something that is still in work. Something may not work out and then I'd be dealing a dozen or so, "you promised us... you lied to us" threads. :) Yeah, that never happens..... :)

Oh, not at all. I've just been doing this long enough to know not to comment into too much detail about something that is still in work. Something may not work out and then I'd be dealing a dozen or so, "you promised us... you lied to us" threads. :) Yeah, that never happens..... :)
Yeah, unfortunately there are those people... :P

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

I guess, if you don't mind the walk back to base :D

Never heard of search and rescue?

. . . now THAT would be cool!

Get shot down, eject, then three hours later a Mi8 appears over the hill to extract you. I'm guessing most wouldn't wait that long, though :P

Never heard of search and rescue?

. . . now THAT would be cool!

Get shot down, eject, then three hours later a Mi8 appears over the hill to extract you. I'm guessing most wouldn't wait that long, though :P

Hehe... in MP that's when you wish that there was a flyable Mi-24.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

Maybe there should be a 3 minute delay between landing (either in the aircraft if it is damaged or under silk ) and quitting, so that if you come down behind enemy lines, & amongst enemy forces, there's some incentive to work up a sweat running away ...

Edit -I put that as a joke, but thinking about it, maybe you actually could do something interesting about that in the future.

If either in the BS release or in a future module there is a calculated 'front line' then you could make it if you hit 'Esc' on the wrong side of that line, you can't re-spawn in that mission.

The pilot is moveable, so if you came down/landed on the wrong side of - but close to - the front line (How close you are to the line being proportional to how patient you are), you could walk back to your side - being carefull not to get KILLED! - re-spawn & re-enter the game. Otherwise you're out for the mission, and your pilot log shows a 'captured' entry.

All adds to the realism :-)

Cheers.

Maybe there should be a 3 minute delay between landing (either in the aircraft if it is damaged or under silk ) and quitting, so that if you come down behind enemy lines, & amongst enemy forces, there's some incentive to work up a sweat running away ...

Edit -I put that as a joke, but thinking about it, maybe you actually could do something interesting about that in the future.

If either in the BS release or in a future module there is a calculated 'front line' then you could make it if you hit 'Esc' on the wrong side of that line, you can't re-spawn in that mission.

The pilot is moveable, so if you came down/landed on the wrong side of - but close to - the front line (How close you are to the line being proportional to how patient you are), you could walk back to your side - being carefull not to get KILLED! - re-spawn & re-enter the game. Otherwise you're out for the mission, and your pilot log shows a 'captured' entry.

All adds to the realism :-)

The IL2 FB mission editor works around a similar idea.. If you're wounded for example in enemy territory you can fly back to a certain prearranged distance from the battle line and bail.. this pulls a trigger in the editor that puts you back in the war at a later time.. And when you start the next mission the editor generates a note in the start up screen that tells you that you've been wounded in combat and have spent a certain amount time at the hospital and have returned back to combat and are assigned to a certain unit and are flying a specific type of aircraft..

This I find to be very immersive and makes the campaign a lot more interesting.

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR