[CANNOT REPRODUCE] Target Aspect Stick on L&S Target

bonesvf103

This was brought up before (can't find it with a search though) but when you have a target locked both as L&S and in STT, the target aspect "stick" on the target icon in the radar screen disappears. The only way to get target aspect is to look at it in your HUD on the NIRD circle. Which is a good workaround for now, but what if you lose your HUD? Or what if you don't want to STT track them and alert them to your presence?

When this was posted the last time, it was requested to have track files and people posted with track files, but nothing came of it that I can see...even in 2.5.6 there still is no TA stick on the target icon.

What's the latest on this?

Thanks!

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

• 3 weeks later...
This was brought up before (can't find it with a search though) but when you have a target locked both as L&S and in STT, the target aspect "stick" on the target icon in the radar screen disappears. The only way to get target aspect is to look at it in your HUD on the NIRD circle. Which is a good workaround for now, but what if you lose your HUD? Or what if you don't want to STT track them and alert them to your presence?

When this was posted the last time, it was requested to have track files and people posted with track files, but nothing came of it that I can see...even in 2.5.6 there still is no TA stick on the target icon.

What's the latest on this?

Thanks!

v6,

boNes

Hey there,

may you point me to the original post you mention?

Maybe we get the L&S symbol in a future update.

OP, I agree with the others. I can see the target aspect line on the radar for the L&S target (DT2 too, where applicable), provided the target is designated in LTWS or TWS. I only lose the TA line when I go STT.

Can you post a picture or video of what exactly you mean?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• 1 month later...

It got fixed in a recent patch on OB. I think the second to last patch for OB. It now shows up correctly during STT and even has the target maneuvering stem at the end of it, where applicable. Also works with AACQ and FastACQ.

The target heading stem correction for the B-scope vs PPI for donated-only tracks is also fixed.

Edited by Harker

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I re-verified yesterday and not only does it seem to be fixed, but the stick also has a tiny stick perpendicular to it that shows which direction the target is trending, which I thought was pretty neat!

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot