Skins in BS

Banquo

Hi everyone,

I am guessing, rightly or wrongly that skins are going to operate for BS in the same way as they did for Lock On and that with a graphics program like Photoshop or GIMP, we will be able to mod the skins (open to correction on this one).

However, I was watching a wildlife program a couple of months ago where a camera was set up in a moving box with mirrors on the outside. In this way it was fairly invisible in jungle terrain unless it moved, due to the reflections.

So I was musing if this could in any way be done in BS with a mirror-like skin (okay we are going into fantasy mode here but indulge me) The concept and the problems pose advantages - being invisible from enemies and disadvantages - being invisible from friendlies and bumping into each other.

Anyway just a thought as I wait to go home :music_whistling:

a mirror finish?

hmmm... I say again, hmmm... Would an inbound missile be deterred if it saw it's reflection? hmmm...what would you do if you had to land quickly to hop out and take a whiz, then turned around and couldn't see the "Wonderwoman" helicopter? hmmm...a mirror finish. Things that make you go hmmm...:P

Flyby

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

I hope, but doubt, that installing/uninstalling skins is an easier affair than it is in LO. But hey, thats what TempTextures is for, right?

I like IL2s approach to custom skins...just create a folder in the Skins directory, and stick some Bmps in it! Magic...no dicking around with bloody config files etc.

Food for thought for ED?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

I hope, but doubt, that installing/uninstalling skins is an easier affair than it is in LO. But hey, thats what TempTextures is for, right?

I like IL2s approach to custom skins...just create a folder in the Skins directory, and stick some Bmps in it! Magic...no dicking around with bloody config files etc.

Food for thought for ED?

Well I remember it being announced that the format is going to be changed to the .lom format so you can use the .skins system. Or that was the intent anyways.

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers