Rikus

Check the Weather Channel ! :megalol:

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

all-weather aspects of the game?

It will be interesting to see how weather evolves in Black Shark, if there are plans to evolve it all. For sure, I don't know if the release will have complex weather effects, so I'm just speculating. But along this line of thought:

1- What is the Black Shark's all-weather combat capability or limitations?

2- How will weather at ground level be implemented in Black Shark? (You can set turbulence at altitude in LOMAC, iirc).

3- How will weather effect AI ground-anti-air assets in Black Shark_Land?

Having asked those questions, I'd find it quite challenging to have real weather effects implemented in BS. But I think true weather implementation, while possibly quite immersive might be another hit on the processor. Even as I contemplate a computer upgrade, I don't think I can afford a top-end gpu card, nor even two good mid-range cards in SLI or Crossfire mode, let alone a top-of-the-line cpu. So any aspect of BS that eats cpu cycles, or costs me gpu performance would only impress me if it added to the immersion, and the overall suspension of disbelief. I'd then be willing to sell blood to finance further upgrades. (sorry for the drama)

Flyby out

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

I don't think weather is getting much attention until the new engine's out, but that's just minimally educated speculation on my part.

It will be interesting to see how weather evolves in Black Shark, if there are plans to evolve it all. For sure, I don't know if the release will have complex weather effects, so I'm just speculating. But along this line of thought:

1- What is the Black Shark's all-weather combat capability or limitations?

It has no all-weather combat capability. Or at the very least, it'll only work in light rain etc. Anything that obscures your vision will obscure the Shkval. Of course, in LO it works a little better than RL.

2- How will weather at ground level be implemented in Black Shark? (You can set turbulence at altitude in LOMAC, iirc).

3- How will weather effect AI ground-anti-air assets in Black Shark_Land?

I don't see any problems with radar guided SAMs having weather troubles when it comes to shooting down an egg-beater ... IR missiles should be another story, but if you fly close enough you're hosed anyway (if you haven't taken precautions)

Having asked those questions, I'd find it quite challenging to have real weather effects implemented in BS. But I think true weather implementation, while possibly quite immersive might be another hit on the processor. Even as I contemplate a computer upgrade, I don't think I can afford a top-end gpu card, nor even two good mid-range cards in SLI or Crossfire mode, let alone a top-of-the-line cpu. So any aspect of BS that eats cpu cycles, or costs me gpu performance would only impress me if it added to the immersion, and the overall suspension of disbelief. I'd then be willing to sell blood to finance further upgrades. (sorry for the drama)

Flyby out

By the time the next DCS addon (presumably with new engine) is out, I think most people will have a dual core or quad core processor, and the new engine -should- support multi-threading and thus multi-core processing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

:lol:1196893314.jpg

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

plenty-many cpu cycles

OK, got it - something like Pantiums, Petiums, Penisiums or Pontius Pilate Core Duo or Quad ;).

Go here all. Hope this helps explain things a bit. There will be mid-level Penryns coming out very soon. Not just the expensive ones like in the article.

http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=204686

Flyby

Very cool will be to let add an starting hour for an specific weather.

Like vehicles, if the mission start at, for example 17.00, you can put a vehicle but appear at 17.40

So itґs cool to start a mission at 15.00 with sun, but at 16.00 lots of clouds and a storm.

Greetings

One thing about Black Shark puzzles me, and it's particularly puzzling in the context of this subject; why are they building it on the old Il2 Sturmovik engine when they could be interacting with Oleg Maddox to build this new sim on his new (and apparently much superior ) Storm of War engine with its vastly superior weather/wind current physics and volumetric clouds?

are they really?

One thing about Black Shark puzzles me, and it's particularly puzzling in the context of this subject; why are they building it on the old Il2 Sturmovik engine when they could be interacting with Oleg Maddox to build this new sim on his new (and apparently much superior ) Storm of War engine with its vastly superior weather/wind current physics and volumetric clouds?

I had no idea they were using the old IL2 engine. No offense but that doesn't seem correct to me. It would be nice if someone from DCS or otherwise in the know clarified/denied/verified this.

Flyby

DCS has nothing to do with IL2. DCS uses an upgraded version of The Fighter Collection Simulation Engine (TFCSE), which was also used by ED to create Lock On and other flight simulation software (military). It has no technical or legal connection with the IL-2 series at all.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

DCS has nothing to do with IL2. DCS uses an upgraded version of The Fighter Collection Simulation Engine (TFCSE), which was also used by ED to create Lock On and other flight simulation software (military). It has no technical or legal connection with the IL-2 series at all.

Really? Thanks for setting me straight then...I always assumed LOMAC was just an offshoot of IL2 Sturmovik and that Oleg was involved..

Maybe it's because the official website directly links to Il2