VR graphics

Dannyvandelft

When you fly in VR, you project on 3 monitors, your actual monitor, left eye, and right eye.

Now, do the graphic settings impact the "eye" monitors? I have everything set for 1440p but can I turn that way down to improve my VR performance without VR looking worse?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

When you fly in VR, you project on 3 monitors, your actual monitor, left eye, and right eye.

Now, do the graphic settings impact the "eye" monitors? I have everything set for 1440p but can I turn that way down to improve my VR performance without VR looking worse?

You can lower your monitor resolution. I myself saw no benefit in doing that on my 1080p monitor.

It is just a mirror being displayed.

Try it and see.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

The monitor is just a mirror of your left eye and does not effect performance

Every setting in dcs has effect also in vr (except some like ssaa)

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

The monitor is just a mirror of your left eye and does not effect performance

Every setting in dcs has effect also in vr (except some like ssaa)

Thank you. So if I lower the resolution of the monitor, that will affect my VR resolution too?

Thank you. So if I lower the resolution of the monitor, that will affect my VR resolution too?

No, it won't. VR goggles are a separate device that Windows doesn't recognise as "extra monitor". You might as well just leave it on your monitor's native resolution.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset