Rudder pedal advice

Hey folks. I've got a set of Saitek Cessna rudder pedals - they've worked a treat for many years, but it's time for something a bit more upmarket. So I'm looking for a premium product. The only requirements: the pedals should be able to rest on the carpeted floor and have toe brakes.

I'm thinking MFG Crosswinds or Thrustmaster TPRs. I've got a Warthog stick and throttle, and I'm really happy with them, even though the TARGET software is a pile of ass.

Any advice? Should I be considering other pedals? There was another set by a Russian manufacturer (Virpil?) but they don't have toe brakes...

TIA!

I‘m using Slawdevice Viper. Best set of pedals I‘ve ever had. Not wuite cheap but well worth the money. Information on the new version can be found here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242411

Modules and maps: all of them :doh:

Specs: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I, Intel i7-8086K@4.9GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengance RAM, Nvidia RTX 2080 FE, 2x1 TB Samsung EVO 970 M.2, WIN10 64bit, HP Reverb

Hey folks. I've got a set of Saitek Cessna rudder pedals - they've worked a treat for many years, but it's time for something a bit more upmarket. So I'm looking for a premium product. The only requirements: the pedals should be able to rest on the carpeted floor and have toe brakes.

I'm thinking MFG Crosswinds or Thrustmaster TPRs. I've got a Warthog stick and throttle, and I'm really happy with them, even though the TARGET software is a pile of ass.

Any advice? Should I be considering other pedals? There was another set by a Russian manufacturer (Virpil?) but they don't have toe brakes...

TIA!

Virpil rudder do have Toe Brake on 2 of their 3 available rudder.

https://virpil-controls.eu/shop/rudder-pedals.html

the pedals should be able to rest on the carpeted floor

I think that will be hard really. Could you at least put something in between the wall and the rudder so that you can push on the rudder without it moving?

Here is the POV from someone who tried quite a lot of high end Rudder.

Whoa. Those are SEXY! How much?

As far as I can remember around 500$. And some waiting time but that‘s the same with VKB and Virpil sometimes. I‘d contact Slaw to get a current quote abd delivery time. Was a great experience dealing with him on my side.

Modules and maps: all of them :doh:

Specs: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I, Intel i7-8086K@4.9GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengance RAM, Nvidia RTX 2080 FE, 2x1 TB Samsung EVO 970 M.2, WIN10 64bit, HP Reverb

I think that will be hard really. Could you at least put something in between the wall and the rudder so that you can push on the rudder without it moving?

Yeah, that should be possible. I suppose I could build a mount for them out of MDF, but I can't get to the wood store during lockdown!

Thanks for the help...

The MFG Crosswinds came in the mail extremely quickly. They have, built in, little extensions with a mount hole to make them longer. I used that to attach a strip of wood to both so that it buts up against the wall and doesn't move. Very simple to do - just two small pieces of wood, two screws and nuts/washers.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1