New StreamDeck Plugin

1 hour ago, Chewmann said:

@Baileywhere would I find the values for the fuel weights?

I would look for it via a list_indication that displays the info on the digital fuel panel.

Well, that couldn't have been any easier.  

Momentary Button/Display button type under Title Text Change on DCS Update Settings

Total Fuel = 2008

Internal Fuel = 2009

Bingo Fuel = 2010

@Bailey  I wanted to add a Chaff and Flare current count on a couple of buttons, but there are no indicators within the cockpit that shows this.  They can only be viewed on a DDI.  Is there a way to get that data to display on the SD?

10 hours ago, Chewmann said:

Well, that couldn't have been any easier.  

Momentary Button/Display button type under Title Text Change on DCS Update Settings

Total Fuel = 2008

Internal Fuel = 2009

Bingo Fuel = 2010

@Bailey  I wanted to add a Chaff and Flare current count on a couple of buttons, but there are no indicators within the cockpit that shows this.  They can only be viewed on a DDI.  Is there a way to get that data to display on the SD?

Nice! What was quick.

If the information is only on the DDI, you can only update the information while that DDI page is visible/active via a list_indication, to my knowledge. 

If anyone wants it I coded the F-16 UHF radio head display to fit on one button.

function ExportScript.UhfPanel(mainPanelDevice)
	--export UHF radio unit to one button

local tens_knob = ExportScript.Tools.round(mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(412) * 10, 0)
	local ones_knob = ExportScript.Tools.round(mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(413) * 10, 0)
	local tenths_knob = ExportScript.Tools.round(mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(414) * 10, 0)
	local hundredths_knob = string.format("%.2d", mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(415) * 100)

local hundreds_knob
	if mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(411) < 0.2 then
	hundreds_knob = "2"
	elseif mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(411) > 0.2 and mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(411) < 0.3 then
	hundreds_knob = "3"
	elseif mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(411) >= 0.3 then
	hundreds_knob = "A"

end

local UHF_RADIO_FREQ = "UHF Freq" .. "\n" .. hundreds_knob .. tens_knob .. ones_knob .. "." .. tenths_knob .. hundredths_knob

ExportScript.Tools.SendData(3016, UHF_RADIO_FREQ)
end

Edited by bones1014
Corrected code
  • Like 2

On 1/12/2022 at 2:19 AM, bones1014 said:

If anyone wants it I coded the F-16 UHF radio head display to fit on one button.

function ExportScript.UhfPanel(mainPanelDevice)
	--export UHF radio unit to one button

local tens_knob = ExportScript.Tools.round(mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(412) * 10, 0)
	local ones_knob = ExportScript.Tools.round(mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(413) * 10, 0)
	local tenths_knob = ExportScript.Tools.round(mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(414) * 10, 0)
	local hundredths_knob = string.format("%.2d", mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(415) * 100)

local hundreds_knob
	if mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(411) < 0.2 then
	hundreds_knob = "2"
	elseif mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(411) > 0.2 and mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(411) < 0.3 then
	hundreds_knob = "3"
	elseif mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(411) >= 0.3 then
	hundreds_knob = "A"

end

local UHF_RADIO_FREQ = "UHF Freq" .. "\n" .. hundreds_knob .. tens_knob .. ones_knob .. "." .. tenths_knob .. hundredths_knob

ExportScript.Tools.SendData(3016, UHF_RADIO_FREQ)
end

Wow you're so clever, I would love to see a series on Youtube that shows step by step how to do this stuff. I can modify existing lua's scripts to show stuff on my streamdeck, took a while to get the hang of it and the model viewer is a really handy tool to show values etc. But I can't do the clever stuff. I would like to get the Mi-8 Ground speed and drift indicator "ground speed" value on to one key, at present it's on 3 keys hundreds, tens and units. You and Bailey are the stars of lua editing it seems and all hail to Charles Tytler for the DCS Interface!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11,

Wow you're so clever, I would love to see a series on Youtube that shows step by step how to do this stuff. I can modify existing lua's scripts to show stuff on my streamdeck, took a while to get the hang of it and the model viewer is a really handy tool to show values etc. But I can't do the clever stuff. I would like to get the Mi-8 Ground speed and drift indicator "ground speed" value on to one key, at present it's on 3 keys hundreds, tens and units. You and Bailey are the stars of lua editing it seems and all hail to Charles Tytler for the DCS Interface!
Bailey is the real champ. I'm just emulating his work. I was going to work on the gun pod counters for the Mi-8. The drift would be good to have too.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Mordants said:

Here is my "go to" youtube playlist for when I get stuck on something: 

It has all of CT's videos about DCS-Interface. It covers install, use, making your own buttons, and in the later lessons it dips into lua. That last part is what opens the door to amazing possibilities. To be honest it took me like 4-6 months of just staring at code before one day "it just clicked". And at the same time I am still learning and getting good info from everyone who posts in this thread. It is a learning process and I am glad I can share how I think of the problems, most recently with the posts over the last two weeks where I problem solve "live".

There is so much about DCS and lua alone that it might be difficult to do a video series in a "from zero to Hero" fashion. I'll think about it and consider a forum post series also. No promises though. Thank you for the spotlight!

If you or anyone else has some "how do I do this?" or "how do I do that" questions I be glad to show you how I would do it step by step if I have the time. Just post and ping! 😄

Edited by Bailey
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Mordants said:

I think I have what you want.

1003 = ground speed and drift angle

1000 = DISS-15 Drift Angle Readout

1001 = DISS-15 Flight Path Readout

1002 = Desired Course

Let me know how it works for you. I'm gonna work on the gun pod counters next.

Mi-8MT.lua

12 hours ago, bones1014 said:

I think I have what you want.

1003 = ground speed and drift angle

1000 = DISS-15 Drift Angle Readout

1001 = DISS-15 Flight Path Readout

1002 = Desired Course

Let me know how it works for you. I'm gonna work on the gun pod counters next.

Mi-8MT.lua 76.58 kB · 1 download

Wow, thanks for your efforts in this. I thought it might take me some months to work it out using Charles Tytler vids. Though I have watched them many times over its still magical to me!  I'm going to test this this afternoon. I'll report back later. Really, really appreciate you doing this. I look forward to the gun counters result. 

Bones works an absolute treat, you are a super star! . What you have done in four buttons I did individually in 12 lol. Not sure what "ยบ" is though. Thanks very much.

Edited by Mordants
Additional info

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

@Mordants I was the same way 6 months ago.  The guys on this thread helped me up the learning curve very fast. Now I feel I actually know what I am doing.  If you have a question, ask.  Good luck!

I have just about any button for the Hornet now, and I’m  willing to share any of them or how I made them to help you learn. If you ask about other A/C, look elsewhere…LOL

Edited by Chewmann

10 minutes ago, Chewmann said:

@Mordants I was the same way 6 months ago.  The guys on this thread helped me up the learning curve very fast. Now I feel I actually know what I am doing.  If you have a question, ask.  Good luck!

I have just about any button for the Hornet now, and I’m  willing to share any of them or how I made them to help you learn. If you ask about other A/C, look elsewhere…LOL

Chewmann, Thank you for your generous offer, it's really great that people help each other out in this community. Whilst I have the Hornet I don't fly fixed wing that often but working out how the buttons work and writing the lua files is generic to the DCS interface I think. For me at the moment it is the lua file script development. As I said earlier modifying an existing one is relatively easy now (After about a year of experimentation), the script generation another. But it's fun trying and you can't break anything. Thanks again for your offer!

Bones did the additional  bit below for me for the MI-8 doppler, I reckon it would have taken a million years for me to get to the first couple of lines! Truly inspirational.

function ExportScript.diss15_panel_drift_angle(mainPanelDevice)

local drift_angle_100s = ExportScript.Tools.round(mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(799) * 10, 0)
    local drift_angle_10s = ExportScript.Tools.round(mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(800) * 10, 0)
    local drift_angle_1s = ExportScript.Tools.round(mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(801) * 10, 0)
    local drift_angle_direction 

if mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(802) > 0 then
        drift_angle_direction = "RIGHT"
        else drift_angle_direction = "LEFT"
    end

local drift_angle_readout = drift_angle_direction .. "\n" .. drift_angle_100s .. drift_angle_10s .. drift_angle_1s
    ExportScript.Tools.SendData(1000, drift_angle_readout)
end

function ExportScript.diss15_panel_flight_path(mainPanelDevice)

local flight_path_100s = ExportScript.Tools.round(mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(806) * 10, 0)
    local flight_path_10s = ExportScript.Tools.round(mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(807) * 10, 0)
    local flight_path_1s = ExportScript.Tools.round(mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(808) * 10, 0)
    local flight_path_direction

if mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(805) > 0 then
        flight_path_direction = "BACK"
        else flight_path_direction = "FORWARD"
    end

local flight_path_readout = flight_path_direction .. "\n".. flight_path_100s .. flight_path_10s .. flight_path_1s

ExportScript.Tools.SendData(1001, flight_path_readout)
end

function ExportScript.diss15_panel_map_angle(mainPanelDevice)
    local map_angle_100s = ExportScript.Tools.round(mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(811) * 10, 0)
    local map_angle_10s = ExportScript.Tools.round(mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(812) * 10, 0)
    local map_angle_1s = ExportScript.Tools.round(mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(813) * 10, 0)

if map_angle_1s > 9 then
    map_angle_1s = 0
    end

local map_angle_minutes
    if mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(814) < 0.05 then
        map_angle_minutes = "0"

elseif mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(814) > 0.05 and mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(814) < 0.18 then
        map_angle_minutes = "06"

elseif mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(814) > 0.18 and mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(814) < 0.28 then
        map_angle_minutes = "12"

elseif mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(814) > 0.28 and mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(814) < 0.38 then
        map_angle_minutes = "18"

elseif mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(814) > 0.38 and mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(814) < 0.48 then
        map_angle_minutes = "24"

elseif mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(814) > 0.48 and mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(814) < 0.58 then
        map_angle_minutes = "30"

elseif mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(814) > 0.58 and mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(814) < 0.68 then
        map_angle_minutes = "36"

elseif mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(814) >= 0.68 and mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(814) < 0.78 then
        map_angle_minutes = "42"

elseif mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(814) >= 0.78 and mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(814) < 0.88 then
        map_angle_minutes = "48"

else--if mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(814) >= 0.9 --and (mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(814) < .81 then
        map_angle_minutes = "54"

end

local desired_course = "MAP ANGLE" .. "\n" .. map_angle_100s .. map_angle_10s .. map_angle_1s .. "." .. map_angle_minutes
    ExportScript.Tools.SendData(1002, desired_course)
end

function ExportScript.GrndSpeed_and_Drift(mainPanelDevice)

local ground_speed_100s = ExportScript.Tools.round(mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(792) * 10, 0)
    local ground_speed_10s = ExportScript.Tools.round(mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(793) * 10, 0)
    local ground_speed_1s = ExportScript.Tools.round(mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(794) * 10, 0)
    local drift_angle_needle = string.format("%.0f",(mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(791) / 2) * 100 ) .. "ยบ"
    --[[local drift_angle_needle
        if mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(791) <= 0.001 and mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(791) >= -0.999 then
        drift_angle_needle = "0ยบ"
    end]]

local ground_speed_and_drift
    if mainPanelDevice:get_argument_value(795) > 0 then
        ground_speed_and_drift = "GRN SPD" .. "\n" .. "///"
        else ground_speed_and_drift = "GRND SPD" .. "\n" .. ground_speed_100s .. ground_speed_10s .. ground_speed_1s .. "\n".. drift_angle_needle
    end
    ExportScript.Tools.SendData(1003, ground_speed_and_drift)
end

Wow, thanks for your efforts in this. I thought it might take me some months to work it out using Charles Tytler vids. Though I have watched them many times over its still magical to me!  I'm going to test this this afternoon. I'll report back later. Really, really appreciate you doing this. I look forward to the gun counters result. 
Bones works an absolute treat, you are a super star! . What you have done in four buttons I did individually in 12 lol. Not sure what "ยบ" is though. Thanks very much.

No problem. It's fun to do once you see stuff working. I'm not sure what that character is either. I don't see it anywhere except your quotes. Maybe it's the degree symbol translated to something else. .

The gun counters are challenging. I currently have them on 2 buttons each right now and they work without any Lua code. Trying to translate it.

No problem. It's fun to do once you see stuff working. I'm not sure what that character is either. I don't see it anywhere except your quotes. Maybe it's the degree symbol translated to something else. .

The gun counters are challenging. I currently have them on 2 buttons each right now and they work without any Lua code. Trying to translate it.

Yep I see that weird symbol now. It's supposed to be a degree symbol after the drift angle. You can change it to what you want in the Lua

38 minutes ago, bones1014 said:

Yep I see that weird symbol now. It's supposed to be a degree symbol after the drift angle. You can change it to what you want in the Lua

I'll have a look for a "degree " font character, thanks for the update.

49 minutes ago, Mordants said:

I'll have a look for a "degree " font character, thanks for the update.

I think the mossie lua has the symbol. Alternatively, you should be able to google it online and copy/paste it onto the lua and it will be auto translated. 

I created individual button ammo counters for the Mi-8 grenade and gun pods

1004 is the 7.62mm ammo. I use ID 586 to change the background from black to red to show armed state

1005 is the 12.7mm ammo. I use ID 587 to change the background from black to red to show armed state

1006 is the grenade ammo. I use ID 588 to change the background from black to red to show armed state

Here's how they work. I fixed the error. If you didn't notice the error don't worry about it. 😉

Mi-8MT.lua

Edited by bones1014
updated LUA with headings for navigation
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, bones1014 said:

1004 is the 7.62mm ammo. I use ID 586 to change the background from black to red to show armed state

1005 is the 12.7mm ammo. I use ID 587 to change the background from black to red to show armed state

1006 is the grenade ammo. I use ID 588 to change the background from black to red to show armed state

Here's how they work. I fixed the error. If you didn't notice the error don't worry about it. 😉

Mi-8MT.lua 79.07 kB · 2 downloads

Super effort, you're so good at this. Thanks very much!  Could I be cheeky and ask you to look at digitising the compass? I think that would be super cool especially for these old eyes lol.

Edited by Mordants
Feature request

2 hours ago, Mordants said:

Super effort, you're so good at this. Thanks very much!  Could I be cheeky and ask you to look at digitising the compass? I think that would be super cool especially for these old eyes lol.

can you share a screenshot of the device you're asking about?

3 hours ago, bones1014 said:

can you share a screenshot of the device you're asking about?

Here it is from the module viewer, left side Pilot

Compass.png

3 minutes ago, Mordants said:

Here it is from the module viewer, left side Pilot

Compass.png

I looked at that already. both elements rotate separately. there isn't a set frame of reference between the needle and the rotating number dial. I have no idea how to do that one.

3 minutes ago, bones1014 said:

I looked at that already. both elements rotate separately. there isn't a set frame of reference between the needle and the rotating number dial. I have no idea how to do that one.

Never mind, thanks for the swift reply. Guns and ammo indicators brill by the way, I'm saving all the revised lua's just in case of any mishaps in the future lol. 

15 hours ago, bones1014 said:

Taking a break from the UH-60L.lua 🙂 Feel free to continue to define the animations, if you wish. I'll be going from top to bottom.UH-60L.lua
I'll try the Hip Compass.

Edited by Bailey

22 hours ago, Mordants said:

On 1/14/2022 at 11:47 PM, bones1014 said:

Mi-8MT.lua 79.07 kB · 4 downloads

Not sure why, but I can't get this to show up on the stream deck. I've done exactly the same thing as the Doppler readings you did but the buttons remain stubbornly blank. 

As a side note and unrelated, does anyone know the solution to this re-occurring problem I have. When starting the computer if a web browser is opened before the stream deck and DCS are running, the two do not communicate. I have to restart the computer and ensure the stream deck and DCS are running first to enable communication. Not the end of the world but if there is a solution, or just a work around that I could do without having to restart the computer that would be great. Cheers.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Taking a break from the UH-60L.lua 🙂 Feel free to continue to define the animations, if you wish. I'll be going from top to bottom.UH-60L.lua
I'll try the Hip Compass.

Isn't that UH-60 a mod? How did you get it working with the stream deck script? It would be nice to get one working for the A-4 mod.

1 hour ago, Mordants said:

Not sure why, but I can't get this to show up on the stream deck. I've done exactly the same thing as the Doppler readings you did but the buttons remain stubbornly blank. 

As a side note and unrelated, does anyone know the solution to this re-occurring problem I have. When starting the computer if a web browser is opened before the stream deck and DCS are running, the two do not communicate. I have to restart the computer and ensure the stream deck and DCS are running first to enable communication. Not the end of the world but if there is a solution, or just a work around that I could do without having to restart the computer that would be great. Cheers.

did you just copy/paste the Lua? I used the DCS Interface: Incremental Input (Text Above) buttons for the gun counters.