[FIXED INTERNALLY]RWS Bricks act like trackfiles

Beamscanner

RWS Bricks should not be updated by the radar. They are one time hits that have a fixed location in space.

Now they can move left and right if you turn your aircraft (moving only so as to stay at that specific lat/lon)

Currently in DCS, RWS bricks are updated whenever the radar sweeps back over the target.

In my track I set the brick history to 32 seconds, yet only one brick continues to exist for each target.

Instead, I should see a trail of bricks for each target.

Bricks.trk

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Im curious as to how this was "Fixed Internally" four months ago, but has yet to make it into OB.

EDIT: the problem exists with the F-16C as well

I am too. Many bugs are shown as fixed for months, even years, and never get actually fixed.

Stay safe

Im curious as to how this was "Fixed Internally" four months ago, but has yet to make it into OB.

EDIT: the problem exists with the F-16C as well

It was improved, but not totally fixed. The bricks can cause trails in certain scenarios at high ageout settings and (it seems) high LOS rates:

RtxOelz.png

This still doesn't happen in all scenarios though as you've noticed and still needs work.

• 2 weeks later...
still completely broken..

No brick trails.. bricks are acting like trackfiles and reposition themselves with each detection..

Yeap, the whole radar+LTWS+TWS+MSI+SA thing has so many bugs that our squad has put the hornet to sleep for a while until ED gets their hands on bug fixing.

Stay safe

Yeap, the whole radar+LTWS+TWS+MSI+SA thing has so many bugs that our squad has put the hornet to sleep for a while until ED gets their hands on bug fixing.

Off topic, so apologies for that. For our squadron, it's the LTWS+MSI problem that's proving annoying. It was working correctly before the Viper or TWS was introduced, broke around that time and since then, nothing. Funnily enough, it currently works correctly in the Viper..

As for the bricks, I also ran a small test yesterday and brick trails only show up when the conditions that Santi871 mentions are met.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

my test had max ageout (32) and at times a narrow scan centered on a target. still no trails.

Keep the ageout at 32 and place a target in front of you, heading something like 100-110 (your heading is 0). So essentially crossing in front of you, but not in your notch. You'll observe what Santi shows, you'll see brick trails and the trailing bricks will not update their position etc, so that partially works. Of course, this should occur for all targets and all aspects, that's why I'm saying partially.

The other thing (I'm not sure if it's really an issue though) is even with brick trails, as soon as you TUC a brick in LTWS, the brick will correctly change to a HAFU, but all the trailing bricks will disappear while the "lead" brick is TUC'd. As soon as you move the TDC off the lead brick, the HAFU will return to brick and the trailing bricks will reappear again. Which means that the brick trails are correlated, in DCS.

I get that the MC will correlate different returns to create a trackfile, so I'm not sure if the trailing bricks are supposed to disappear like that or not, considering that the MC knows they probably belong to the same target (how it created the trackfile in the first place). Or if only the lead brick should disappear and become a HAFU. I just thought I'd mention it.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I get that the MC will correlate different returns to create a trackfile, so I'm not sure if the trailing bricks are supposed to disappear like that or not, considering that the MC knows they probably belong to the same target (how it created the trackfile in the first place). Or if only the lead brick should disappear and become a HAFU. I just thought I'd mention it.

Not sure about RWS.. But I have seen a document on RAID mode show the brick trails remain in place with the trackfile in the lead.

• 5 months later...
  • Wags locked this topic