Can't keep up with formation while climbing

Hi,

I've flown 3 missions so far and it is quite consistent that I can't keep up with AI planes formation while they are climbing. I don't know what is going on, because I'm flying full available throttle without MW-50 engaged at around 1.46 ATA.

Of course my turn & bank indicator is centered, no flaps etc. It looks like they are flying full emergency power with MW-50 engaged but it is impossible for more than 10 minuts...unless AI planes does not act accordingly to bf109 k4 manual.

I guess they should climb with cruise speed at around 1.25 ATA and maybe at 1.35 ATA in some situations when there is a known threat we have to climb for fast. But I'm loosing them when climbing at 1.46 ATA.

Is it only my experience or there is somethings wrong with campaign setup or dcs itself in terms of AI planes?

Hi,

I noticed this too. I disabled MW50 for the lead flight, yet he keeps using it. I reported it, but it hasn't changed. AI 109s always climb at full MW50 power unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about it in the mission editor :(

This being said, I programmed the AI to climb in stages, so you can use these pauses to catch up. Also if you use MW50 for a minute, then 30 seconds off, your engine will be fine, and you can keep up with the flight.

Good luck!

It is not a ME problem, is that the IA has super-powers when flying, doing impossible turns, reaching incredible speeds, never getting hot and these sort of things. This is hard-coded in the game to give the IA a chance. We have to leave with this for the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

My notification about your responses failed to work. Thank you for your answers.

I hope devs plan to fix such issues of mission editor / AI planes one day. It takes off a lot of immersion in current state.

Reflected - so after a half time of MW50 usage I can fully recover it flying without it and again have full 10 minutes? Does it require cruise engine settings or combat is good enough?

• 1 year later...

If I put the throttle at more than 2500, my various temperature gages climb in seconds.

I didn't even get a change at reaching the battle in the 2nd mission, I never got to alitude or within rage before the battle was over. 
I puttered along at 250kmt and very slow climb, the my allied flight got contrials while I was still at 2000 meters, and I never got high enough myself to get them. I got to 5000 meters by the very end when it was all over and the bombers were well on their way across the channel. 

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

That defo shouldn't be the case. Keep the speed up at 270ish, prop to automatic, ball centered. max ATA before engaging the MW50 - so 1.45ish. With an occasional burst of MW50 if needed (The leader doesn't have MW50, yet the AI somehow still uses it, weird...)

Also, don't worry about temps. The radiator is automatic, it opens when the temps reach the maximum, and keeps it there by further opening if needed. So if your temps are not maxed out, it means the rads are closed and you're very far from the aircraft's max potential.

• Like 1