Vista 64bit and lockon still crashing...

Ross-impress

Still got CTD when flying LO in vista 64bit. After flying30 minutes, one hour, ..... i got warning, lockon has to be closed..

Gebeurtenisnaam van probleem: APPCRASH

Naam van de toepassing: lockon.exe

Versie van toepassing: 1.1.2.0

Tijdstempel van toepassing: 36765312

Naam van foutmodule: StackHash_6303

Versie van foutmodule: 6.0.6000.16386

Tijdstempel van foutmodule: 4549bdf8

Uitzonderingscode: c0000374

Uitzonderingsmarge: 000aa0fb

Versie van besturingssysteem: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1

Landinstelling-id: 2067

Aanvullende informatie 1: 6303

Aanvullende informatie 2: 82790a3730d7672ed5561a49a205d1ae

Aanvullende informatie 3: d7f8

Aanvullende informatie 4: 0723d7cf26e01c7b1029613f984ad4d3

Hopely somebody knows the problem on this 64bit OS.

Ross....

Configuration:  

Windows 11 Home/ Intel Core i9-12900FRTX 3080 10 GB/ 64GB DDR4-3200/ 2 TB m.2 NVMe/ HP Reverb G2/V2/ Thrustmaster Cougar Hotas/ 

INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT@ross_impress • Instagram-foto's en -video's  (everything about the real flying world, drone and DCS)

I am running Vista 64, and have no issues.

Have you updated the SF drivers? And using 1.12b?

Hi Prophet, yes i did..

Ross...

Configuration:  

Windows 11 Home/ Intel Core i9-12900FRTX 3080 10 GB/ 64GB DDR4-3200/ 2 TB m.2 NVMe/ HP Reverb G2/V2/ Thrustmaster Cougar Hotas/ 

INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT@ross_impress • Instagram-foto's en -video's  (everything about the real flying world, drone and DCS)

I am running Vista 64, and have no issues.

Have you updated the SF drivers? And using 1.12b?

After 30 mins of flying, it is no SF issue. If it was SF, he would not be able to start Lock-On/FC at all.

I think it is just a temperature or PS problem (or a combination).

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

I think it is just a temperature or PS problem (or a combination).

Why i haven't any problem when i'm running xp?? So my Lockon never crashed in xp.

Grtz...Ross...

Configuration:  

• 2 weeks later...

Just replying to report the same issue..

After a certain amount of time the Microsoft Error Mesage comes up asking me if i want to close the program or look up online for a solution, in either case after pressing one of the 2 options i get a blue screen and a memory dump. The blue screen refers to a PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES error, not sure if that means anything.

The solutions MS proposes are 1) Install latest video driver (which i did, have the 169.25 Nvidia Drivers for my GTS 8800) 2) Select "Adjust for better performance" in the coputer performance settings tab. (not done since i doubt that would fix anything)

If someone needs more info feel free to ask.

Tropikal

Is there something running in the background, like perhaps your anti-virus software? Have you set the following:

Lockon in XP SP2 compatibility?

Disabled desktop composition

Disabled windows sidebar

Are you running with your 8800GTX overclocked?

I have pretty much the same setup you have:

QX6700

4Gig pc 8000

BFG 8800GTX x2 (SLI)

Vista64

X-Fi Platinum

But I don't have lockon crashes as much as you - with the exception of when the sound drivers and the video drivers clash.

Tropikal, the latest drivers are 169.28 but they seem to work better for the latter versions of DirectX rather than DX8. Nvidia and LOMAC don't play well together anyway.:noexpression:

Is there something running in the background, like perhaps your anti-virus software? yes Have you set the following:

Lockon in XP SP2 compatibility? no

Disabled desktop composition no

Disabled windows sidebar no

Are you running with your 8800GTX overclocked? no

Will check this settings..

Grtz...Ross...

Configuration:  

Ross end of this month Windows Vista Service Pack 1 release after that I think your problem will disappear. On the other hand, did you update your windows vista for Nvidia cards? Check this out

http://www.nvidia.com/object/windows_vista_hotfixes.html

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

Vista SP1 does not solve the crash issue here. For me it helped a little to run TRACKIR in Win XP SP2 Compatibility mode and to switch off sidebar and desktop composition. But Lock On still crashes randomly, but not so often. (No OC here ATM)

S~

Brati

"Helicopters can't fly; they're just so ugly the earth repels them." (THX Rich :thumbup: )

33rdsignatureimage7klmu6.jpg