Gear up? Gear Down? Gear state?

DmitriKozlowsky

Eh... the language that I-16 uses to describe gear up down is ... kind of B.S.! "Gear is down", except that gear is up.

"Gear is Up" except that gear is down.

Gear Next State command. Does nothing. Even if its pressed 20 times. 26 times. 100 times. No wonder Stalin had those engineers shot. I am an not so bloodthirsty, but I can certainly understand Uncle Joe's frustration.

Thanks I-16 developers. You made it so clear and concise.

Gear Next State command does a lot for you!

The "Gear Next State" command is acually a kind of cheat. The real Soviet pilot had to follow a cumbersome procedure involving levers for Gear Brake, Gear Lock, and Gear (Jaw) Direction, plus of course the Gear Handle (crank).

This procedure is described in the Quickstart Manual.

The Gear Next State command puts the 3 levers into the right position for cranking up or down, and for locking in retracted or extended position.

The Gear Next State command cycles through the states:

"gear down ready" means you can now crank the gear down (extend it). When you have finished cranking down, hit the Gear Next State command again and it will display "gear down fin" which says that the gear is locked in extended position.

After take-off, when you have enough altitude, you hit "Gear Next State" and the message says "gear up ready" which says that you can crank it up. And finally when you are done cranking up you hit the command again and the message says "gear up fin" which means that the gear is locked in the retracted position.

Now if you really feel that the Gear Next State command is useless, try to use the realistic process described in the manual. Have fun!

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

You need at list 45 turn for gear up and down.. now the problem is to find a good key bind :)

no need for turn at all! Just make sure you are below 250 km/h.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I think you just need the gear up (down) command be pressed while the gear transits and the lever moves by itself. You do nee to unlock the safety, tell the gear the direction and loosen or tighten the gear cables tensioner... :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I think you just need the gear up (down) command be pressed while the gear transits and the lever moves by itself. You do nee to unlock the safety, tell the gear the direction and loosen or tighten the gear cables tensioner... :)

If you use the Gear Next State command you do not need to worry about the Gear lock, gear brake and gear jaw direction. Just crank.

LeCuvier