New System Suggestions

Kuky, I was going to say are your sure you are looking at the ATI x2?, lol. I spoke to my Brother Inlaw today he reviewed this post and was giving me the gears about the "The Enemies" (Intel) processor. He told me the suggested retail of the x2 will be $459 CDN, however, as you said Fudd, expect short-term gouging. Unfortunately they don't have any in Toronto office. It appears to me they don't take care of their own very well! I should here something this week regarding the go ahead, or no go ahead.

Fudd I was in a Future Shop Sat, the Samsung 24" monitor 245bw, had gone back up to $429 from $379. I will wait it out and get it when it drops again.

Here's another question. My old system had a SATA 2 939 Asrock Mother Board and a AMD San Diego 3700+. What Motherboard and processor should I get to handle my Video Card and Ram as a back up system without spending a great deal of money?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FA_Crazy-Canuck

Here's another question. My old system had a SATA 2 939 Asrock Mother Board and a AMD San Diego 3700+. What Motherboard and processor should I get to handle my Video Card and Ram as a back up system without spending a great deal of money?

go here buy my ebay listing

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130193766353&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=003

Hey Fudd, not sure if you saw the game systems PC Villiage is packaging. How does this compare to what we have talked about?

http://www.pcvonline.com/systemsCont.aspx?cat=Destop%20System

favorably... But they wont give you those prices if you want a 3870x2...

It really comes down to that. Also... Remember that you have to ADD the operating sytem price and factor tax

• Like 1

I just recived the go ahead to get my new rig from a higher power, MY WIFE!:thumbup: I should hear from the insurance people next week.

I think her words were "for Gods sake just go buy one, your making me crazy!! Whining always works.:megalol:

Hey Fudd lets get serious! Can we get together on comms and go over the options?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey thanks Poko24.

Here are the "dirty details":

Video Card - ATI Saphire HD3870x2

CPU - Intel 8400

Motherboard - Asus Maximus Formula X38

Ram - Corsair XMS (4-4-4-12)

Sound Card - Creative SB X-FI

Fan - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro

PSU - Corsair HX Series 620W

Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda 500GB

Optical Drive - LG GSA Super Multi

Case - Thermaltake Armour

We decided to go with the HD3870X2 since it is benchmarking equal to or greater than the Nvidia 8800Ultra and it is less expensive. I assume it can only get better when the new ATI drivers are released.

Thank you to everyone for your input.

Judging by the participation in this thread it appears this type discussion is useful to a number of people.

Special thanks to Fudd for educating me on the process.:thumbup:

Rep inbound Fudd.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I got a green light from my lady to go for a new rig too.

Ahhh yes... From Poland to Canada to the USA and all points surrounding, they really do control everything. lmao

Canuck... no worries dude, you've been hanging out in the community and with 3Sqn for quite a while. You need a new rig to match your still growing lockon skill.

You were a good student...

• Like 2

We decided to go with the HD3870X2 since it is benchmarking equal to or greater than the Nvidia 8800Ultra and it is less expensive. I assume it can only get better when the new ATI drivers are released.
You say so? You got to be right. HD3870 x2 is not known well in Poland yet. Well, to be frank it's unkown for all around the world. If You tell me it's gonna be better when the new drivers come out isn't it a little bit gambling?

Lock On and IL2, the two games I play the most are Open GL games and Nvidia handles this better than ATI. Fudd is a Beta tester for Blackshark and he feels that this system will have no trouble handling BS. The thing I considered is I am waiting for Oleg's Battle of Britain. It will be an Open GL game not DX10. The gamble is that this game will work better with Nvidia. My thought is that by the time these games are launched ATI will develop drivers to run them better. You could wait for the new Nvidia card with two chips. It is going up against the HD3870X2.

I found this interesting link regarding benchmarking HD3870X2.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2742448

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fudd is a Beta tester for Blackshark and he feels that this system will have no trouble handling BS.

Fudd WAS a beta tester lol

Even a machine 20-30% less powerful than this one would still do awesome at any setting you wish I think.

Thanks a lot. Im looking forward Battle of Britian too. Maybe I should wait little longer for nVidia then... But this double Radeon is really fast! Thanks for the link. Now I am sure less what I should buy :doh:

If you are unsure and are shooting for the best then wait and see Nvidia's response to 3870x2 ... Should be coming out in the next 2-3 months... and frankly, it should be faster than the 3870X2. But for those buying today, 3870X2 makes alot of sense, not the necessarily the best sense (thats up to you,) just alot.

OOOO, aaaaaahhh, got the word today I am covered and the cheque is on the way!!! PCVilliage here I come:joystick:.

I'll be back in the air within 10 days!:pilotfly::thumbup:

God Bless America, oh wait I'm Canadian, God Bless the Beaver and Beer!! (our national animal and national drink, what a country, beaver and beer, eh?).

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]