Century Series #1

Eight Ball

This is really good work! How do you get the roughmets to be so authentic? I understand that every colour and brightness determines the material, but when I create my own surface, there is always something missing! For example, I would like a matte surface for my pattern. Then I choose green and red tones, I have also tried other colour combinations. During daytime the colours look good, but when I look at the skin at sunset, the colours are much too dark compared to other skins, do you have a tip for me how I can prevent this?:dunno:

I gotta say I'm not an expert and I have a very limited understanding of roughmets. I've read the doc available but I still barely understand it and I'm pretty sure I'm not doing it the way it's supposed to be done.

I ran into the exact same problem with my SEA camo livery, the green would become almost black during sunsets and I don't really have a solution.

My rule of thumb is:

- Pink/Purple for bare metal (the more saturated, the more shiny/glossy the result)

- Red for painted metal or stickers (like the red & white stripes in the skin above). I usually use orange as a base for most of my skins

- Yellow for dirt, scratches and seams and rivet shadows

- Green for rivets (learned that looking at WatermanPC's roughmets :P)

Thanks for the answer, that helps me. :notworthy:

There are so many ways to accentuate a skin with it.

I still have a lot to learn in order to fully exploit the potential of the Roughmets. :baby:

When I have found a solution for the "Sunset" problem, I will let you know, unless someone already knows the solution? :bye_2:

Nice Job...Thanks

Windows 11 64Bit | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-E |

Intel Core i9-12900KF | 32GB Corsair Vengeance schwarz DDR5-5600 DIMM CL36 Dual Kit |

Samsung SSD PRO EVO M.2 1TB - Samsung SSD M.2 EVO 1TB | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3070 Ti OC | LG 27" 27GL850 |

VPC WarBRD Flight Stick | TWCS Throttle |

Amazing skin, thank you

I wish I could have it for the F15C as well.

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Eight Ball, can you, please, make one for the F15C ?

This skin is just amazing.

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5