AI Won't Land

jsr9597

I set up an aircraft to land on the TR (Supercarrier) but it instead lands at a nearby land airfield.

I tried having the aircraft launch from TR then land on the carrier but instead it flies to land.

What am I doing wrong?

I too have the same problem. I've tried with AI only flights and with a wingman. The AI and wingman abort as they always receive a waveoff.

The deck is not foul, no enemy assets anywhere close, SC is at 30 knots into wind.

We have no clue of what you're doing. Can you at least provide some background or the mission file.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I place a Hornet 10 NM behind the carrier. Next waypoint established as landing on the carrier.

Hornet, instead of landing on the carrier, turns and flies to a land-based airfield.

No clue why this is happening.

Maybe the aircraft that are returning to land bases, are over their max landing weights for the carrier? Check their fuel and ordnance status.

Definitely not close to their max weight. More closer to default bingo level. I haven't had a chance to witness this too many times since AI sucks most of the time and die, whether running out of fuel or shot down.

Edited by Blinde