PL-15

Chiron

Yeah the chaff resistance of AMRAAM was increased to .04. It’s likely it is related to the API and the new chaff behavior, it seems there are taking a position where you need to be more precise for chaff to work, as with the older missiles it’s often ridiculously effective(like wth our SD-10). So hopefully once it’s on the API it will be more chaff resistant, but it will never be as good as AMRAAM in that aspect

i really not thinking or want SD-10 to superior Aim-120 but at least become more dangerous so it will gave u room to breath

I assume the plan is for all missiles that are re done to have increased chaff resistance, it really seems they want to make it harder across the board

i love it when it come harder = more fun

but according to ED timeline style we will not have this API until year or 2

Back on topic:

PL-15 on our jet seems HIGHLY unlikely. Even if the PAF start equipping them on their blk.2s, that most likely means they're also equipping them with KLJ-7A AESA radars.

To put it simply: there is an extremely low chance we'll get either of those things since the old, rusted, duct-taped together spaghetti code DCS is built on most likely does not support AESA, and that's if DIS somehow gets their hands on a decent amount of the KLJ-7As docs and info.

Same with the PL-15, and like it's been said before, it's performance numbers will unfortunately be left to the hands of some incompetent ruskies.

DCS has everything needed to add a new RADAR - it knows where the aircraft are in 3D space.

Simulating RADAR can be super-complex, or "good enough". We only need "good enough", not to mention the total lack of data on the real units.

To get into discussions of RADAR though we're getting into hardcore physics and mathematics (spread-spectrum, frequency-hopping, and signal analysis).

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Back on topic:

PL-15 on our jet seems HIGHLY unlikely. Even if the PAF start equipping them on their blk.2s, that most likely means they're also equipping them with KLJ-7A AESA radars.

To put it simply: there is an extremely low chance we'll get either of those things since the old, rusted, duct-taped together spaghetti code DCS is built on most likely does not support AESA, and that's if DIS somehow gets their hands on a decent amount of the KLJ-7As docs and info.

Same with the PL-15, and like it's been said before, it's performance numbers will unfortunately be left to the hands of some incompetent ruskies.

i agree its difficult but pls we dont even have a very good simulated radars in this game its not hardcore even

i agree its difficult but pls we dont even have a very good simulated radars in this game its not hardcore even

True. The Viper can, for some reason, scope things 80nm out and the Hornet's barely see beyond 30nm, despite inverse size between the two.

(also they're incapable of being jammed because, why not?)

Still, I believe DIS and ED would still want some solid evidence that KLJ-7A is being fitted on the Blk. 1 or 2, plus docs on performance, capabilities and basics on how it works before they decide to add it to our sim.

True. The Viper can, for some reason, scope things 80nm out and the Hornet's barely see beyond 30nm, despite inverse size between the two.

(also they're incapable of being jammed because, why not?)

Still, I believe DIS and ED would still want some solid evidence that KLJ-7A is being fitted on the Blk. 1 or 2, plus docs on performance, capabilities and basics on how it works before they decide to add it to our sim.

yup sure if there is a document :music_whistling::music_whistling::music_whistling:

yup sure if there is a document :music_whistling::music_whistling::music_whistling:

You know something we don't? :huh:

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Oh. Deka already said that they can't share info with ED, which I think already created issues with the SD-10.

what is EM chart :book:

The one that can let you known the aircraft better for dogfight. But it directly explain the aircraft performance, so the public may not get access to EM chart easily on most aircraft.

The most easy one you can get is F-16.

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

Energy-Maneuverability charts.

You must prove your lift/drag polars, turn performance, climb performance, thrust, and fuel consumption, and back it up with actual data.

* Some bizarre idea that helicopters need protecting from AA RADAR missiles, meaning the missiles actively avoid the target if they meet certain conditions

Actually helicopters are a bit of special case, at least for older missiles. Rotor blades and radar reflection off those blades were a serious issue for earlier SARH missile seekers which more or less "jammed" them by sending confusing returns to the seeker. Its less of an issue on more modern missiles (some even have special HELO modes).

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I disagree that SD-10 is a joke. I don’t know where the battery life should be anymore but as for kinematic it only has too much drag at transonic speeds, while drag is still a little too low at supersonic speeds. All in all I think it performs really well

Of course things are not as even as they could be with the new AMRAAM, but our SD-10 will get the same modeling upgrades in due time I’m sure. Once done you will find it’s large control surfaces and 38G limit a huge advantage over the AMRAAM in certain situations

Yeah, missiles are different. And actually the one thing I do think is a good idea is to let ED do ALL missiles. If only because they actually will use the same CFD setups for them, and give them some reasonable tracking logic. It will be even more important when ED actually gets a reasonable EW setup working (You wanna force merges? EW is how you force merges IRL)

I really despise the nationalistic vibe where each person wants their nations missile to be the uber-1 button killer. Missiles aren't that.

And while I'd rather ED do all the missiles in one go so everything is on the same page at once, sadly it doesn't work like that for them, so for MP use (and ED doesn't care too much about MP) we will continue to have issues of this week this missile is better, and then next week this missile is better since it got its new model done ETC. Or, and I personally can't wait to see the massive amount of hate and rage from the F14 guys when the 54A/C actually get some realistic guidance, not this magic INS shit they have gotten used to.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah, missiles are different. And actually the one thing I do think is a good idea is to let ED do ALL missiles. If only because they actually will use the same CFD setups for them, and give them some reasonable tracking logic. It will be even more important when ED actually gets a reasonable EW setup working (You wanna force merges? EW is how you force merges IRL)

I really despise the nationalistic vibe where each person wants their nations missile to be the uber-1 button killer. Missiles aren't that.

And while I'd rather ED do all the missiles in one go so everything is on the same page at once, sadly it doesn't work like that for them, so for MP use (and ED doesn't care too much about MP) we will continue to have issues of this week this missile is better, and then next week this missile is better since it got its new model done ETC. Or, and I personally can't wait to see the massive amount of hate and rage from the F14 guys when the 54A/C actually get some realistic guidance, not this magic INS shit they have gotten used to.

yea i am looking forward too :megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol: they will forget that there is a SD-10 missile in this game or Aim-120C and they will protest for 54A/C :megalol::megalol::megalol: i can't wait

I think most would love all missiles to be tested and developed in the same manner, however in light of the SD-10 and Aim-120 in the recent months I think a lot of people have lost trust in ED to not favour their missiles over 3rd party ones that effect ED’s product. I know we can say that’s bad for business and they wouldn’t do such things but that won’t change a lot of people’s minds. I for one thought it would be a radical idea to suggest ED would do such things. However now I sit on the fence.

I now do think ED Will always rush to buff their product if it’s needed and take a very long time to get around to fixing 3rd party weapons. I also at present think ED has an opinion that the SD-10 can’t be as it is with battery and chaff and notch resistance as it’s current state for no real reason then it’s not some famous American missile, and these topics are OPINION based not CFD. ( so sick and tired of hearing CFD being the answer to all) So I think if ED get their hands on the SD-10 it will become a very nerfed missile. But I could be totally wrong so I guess we will see in the future.

To cut my long winded story short many people have serious trust issues with ED now and actually aren’t looking forward to all weapons being handed over to ED

Edited by Blinky.ben

I think most would love all missiles to be tested and developed in the same manner, however in light of the SD-10 and Aim-120 in the recent months I think a lot of people have lost trust in ED to not favour their missiles over 3rd party ones that effect ED’s product. I know we can say that’s bad for business and they wouldn’t do such things but that won’t change a lot of people’s minds. I for one thought it would be a radical idea to suggest ED would do such things. However now I sit on the fence.

I now do think ED Will always rush to buff their product if it’s needed and take a very long time to get around to fixing 3rd party weapons. I also at present think ED has an opinion that the SD-10 can’t be as it is with battery and chaff and notch resistance as it’s current state for no real reason then it’s not some famous American missile, and these topics are OPINION based not CFD. ( so sick and tired of hearing CFD being the answer to all) So I think if ED get their hands on the SD-10 it will become a very nerfed missile. But I could be totally wrong so I guess we will see in the future.

To cut my long winded story short many people have serious trust issues with ED now and actually aren’t looking forward to all weapons being handed over to ED

I'm not worrying whether ED get all missiles work correctly.

ED handle all missile will have some side effects: weapon SMEs may have to be silent or just walk away from DCS, it will be a big loss.

I'm not worrying whether ED get all missiles work correctly.

ED handle all missile will have some side effects: weapon SMEs may have to be silent or just walk away from DCS, it will be a big loss.

what is SME ?

Edited by Chiron

SME = Subject Matter Expert.