License after changing motherboard?

Havremonster

I will change my motherboard, cpu and ram soon.

I know I need to get the license key to work again some how, but is it best to deactivate the keys before I take out my old motherboard? And then, when I have installed the new parts, will I automatic get the new keys for the modules, maps, missions etc?

I know there are different ways to do this, but what is the most easy one?

Currently, every Module, Map and Campaign use key-less protection, so the deactivate/activate dance required by the old Star Force copy protection is gone, just be sure to not be using off-line mode prior to the hardware change.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Currently, every Module, Map and Campaign use key-less protection, so the deactivate/activate dance required by the old Star Force copy protection is gone, just be sure to not be using off-line mode prior to the hardware change.

Thanks, but I'm not sure what you mean by "just be sure to not be using off-line mode prior to the hardware change"...

You mean when playing the game?

They have hardware signature of pc you are logging in with at their database. Logging in with a different configuration after going offline may be unsuccessful. Anyway, you can always contact user support to resolve that problem.

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

Thanks, but I'm not sure what you mean by "just be sure to not be using off-line mode prior to the hardware change"...

You mean when playing the game?

Let’s say you go on vacation with your computer to a place where there is no internet, the keyless protection requires you to validate your password and that requires internet. To overcome this, you can place DCS on off-line mode, where it wont require internet connection in order to play .. but you can’t change your hardware while on this mode, as the game would assume that it is running on someone else’s computer.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Let’s say you go on vacation with your computer to a place where there is no internet, the keyless protection requires you to validate your password and that requires internet. To overcome this, you can place DCS on off-line mode, where it wont require internet connection in order to play .. but you can’t change your hardware while on this mode, as the game would assume that it is running on someone else’s computer.

Ok :) Now I got it. Thanks :)