[NO BUG] RIO Ejection when landing on Kuznetsov

Southernbear

It isn't exactly that much of a big bug because realistically when is this going to be an common issue but recently I went to see if the F-14 could land and take off from the Admiral Kuznetsov.

Every time I landed whether it be the old 3D model or the Supercarrier Kuznetsov (2017) configuration once we came to a stop Jester would eject.

I was in a US F-14B and the Carriers were part of US Aggressors but we were in the same coalition so to my knowledge I shouldn't have a problem like this.

I'm sure its not a common issue people would see often and a fix doesn't need to come out ASAP but it would be nice if one does as it would lead to some interesting missions where perhaps Russia and the US have an agreement and rather then A2A Refueling F-14s can use the Kuznetsov to refuel just to shake up long missions.

Edited by IronMike

Jester is bailing out before the Russians take him prisoner. Seems ok to me, I'd do the same if my crazy pilot landed on a Russian ship. Selling American tech to the Russians?
Mega lol,.

However it does seems a logical reason for Jester to bail out. I would be amazed if this was really implemented by Heatblur.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Let us say it is, haha. :-D

Seriously though, nothing we will look into before anything else. The Tomcat is not intended to land on the Kuznetsov, so it is a non issue really.

Once all the EA list has been finished, remind me again, and we might take a look so acrobatic guys can do what they please, but until then please do not expect any "fix".

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I think this should be left in as a feature lol. RIO ejects to avoid capture by the Russians.

i7-8700k OC to 5.1GHz, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Creative Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition, Asus ROG Maximus X Code

Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB 3200MHz, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid, Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD IPS Monitor, Logitech G510S, Anker 8000DPI Gaming Mouse, HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals, Track IR 5, Windows 10 Professional, https://www.youtube.com/c/iflyflightsims

Seriously though, nothing we will look into before anything else. The Tomcat is not intended to land on the Kuznetsov, so it is a non issue really.

Once all the EA list has been finished, remind me again, and we might take a look so acrobatic guys can do what they please, but until then please do not expect any "fix".

Its ok, seems to work if you turn on(off?) Manual Ejection for jester so we're all good!

I think this should be left in as a feature lol. RIO ejects to avoid capture by the Russians.

Except, where does he think that rocket chair is going to take him aside from a couple hundred yards away from the carrier where they can still go and grab him?

If I remember I had the same problems with the modded French carriers, or at least on one of them. One I think they didn't have arresting wires at the time, the other like mentioned Jester bailed as I trapped.

If a Carrier is a Carrier and a Runway is a Runway, why does Jester not recognize them as the same? I just seems to me he should only be told it's a carrier or runway, or neither.

I mean, since you guys aren't doing the JFK what if someone mods one in? If Jester isn't Carrier agnostic then basically you're saying anything but SC, existing poopy Stennis/Vinson, and Forrestal will cause Jester to punch out?

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

It isn't exactly that much of a big bug because realistically when is this going to be an common issue but recently I went to see if the F-14 could land and take off from the Admiral Kuznetsov.

Every time I landed whether it be the old 3D model or the Supercarrier Kuznetsov (2017) configuration once we came to a stop Jester would eject.

I was in a US F-14B and the Carriers were part of US Aggressors but we were in the same coalition so to my knowledge I shouldn't have a problem like this.

I'm sure its not a common issue people would see often and a fix doesn't need to come out ASAP but it would be nice if one does as it would lead to some interesting missions where perhaps Russia and the US have an agreement and rather then A2A Refueling F-14s can use the Kuznetsov to refuel just to shake up long missions.

So, I just tried to replicate your results in a simple mission file I created. I set the F-14 to US Blue Coalition and the Kuznetsov to USAF Aggressors (Blue) Coalition, and, after landing on the carrier, Jester didn't eject. Do you have a copy of the mission file you used?

i7-8700k OC to 5.1GHz, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Creative Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition, Asus ROG Maximus X Code

Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB 3200MHz, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid, Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD IPS Monitor, Logitech G510S, Anker 8000DPI Gaming Mouse, HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals, Track IR 5, Windows 10 Professional, https://www.youtube.com/c/iflyflightsims