DCS Device Server (for MFCD export & apps)

ihopi

@ihopi

I was wondering if it is possible to use DCS Device Server to output MFD/radar etc. video to browser or 3rd party app on mobile device?

The reason I'm asking is that I'd like to try integrating MATRIC (https://matricapp.com) with DCS Device Server with the idea being that people can make their own custom cockpit layouts and integrate displays into their custom panels.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MATRIC developer

Check out MATRIC and forget about keyboard shortcuts

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again. I posted some issues a few months ago. Your response was to view the video by Chaos-out. I am just now getting my frustration level under control to try to make this work again. I also just got tired of DCS as I much prefer BMS

Prior to my previous post I had already viewed the video and downloaded the pdf file for the manual. I have followed his instruction to the letter (as best I could as it is hard to produce a comprehensive guide.)

To date I cannot export the MFD's to my iPad. Curiously my MFD buttons do respond although the IP address and Port for my iPad are incorrect and my attempts to correct them are fruitless. The key pad in the app where you input these values is non responsive.

As a final attempt to get something to work I am extracting the MFDs to my main screen. It would be nice if the MFDs could be separated. I failed in my attempt to do so. They are linked together. Also they are transparent. I would rather they be a black back ground as a personal preference.

As a parting note, I have been using your ICP/DED Pro in BMS for a few years without any issues. It just works very well.

I do hope that someone can address this for me as I must be missing something in the referenced video.

Thanks

It is always best to not fly too fast or fly too slow. So I fly half fast. :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Why does The DCS Server Boot up and Crash?

This App works fine for a week, then stops.  Now everytime i boot DCS my settings are deleted, video settings, audio, special settings.  This all happened at the same time.

PLaying DCS.. App quit, Display monitor quit, sim went wild.    Now Server wont load, and settings in DCS are messed up

• 2 weeks later...

Barta,

Check your windows settings to make sure that the Windows OS is seeing your second monitor.  If it is not being seen by Windows, plug and unplug the HDMI monitor cable to your video card.  This should fix the problem.  You will also probably need to re-set your MFD settings in the app.  DCS should work properly now.

Edited by MVS-Viper

Image36.jpg

• 5 months later...
On 2/22/2022 at 10:14 PM, diore24 said:

Hello, I purchased the DCS Warthog Device IOS app.  I only have one monitor.  When I launch the game, the panels appear on my game screen overlaid.  How do you fix that?

I bought this on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XT1Z9TF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It makes the app think that you have two monitors.  Works great.

Image36.jpg

• 2 months later...

The program is great, I love it.

The latest update was v3.2.0.3 and it is good and stable.

Now there are updates to the Viper DED (new pages), that are not showing on my external DED display.

Can you please release an update to your program to include these changes? I am referring to DCS 2.7.12.23362 Open Beta.

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-30 at 10.54.43 AM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-30 at 10.54.43 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-30 at 10.54.42 AM.jpeg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't know the reason but suddenly the 2nd monitor and the ipad where I run the f-18 app begun stuttering. Tried to play with g-sync, monitor frequency and so on, SCPS and Image quality on the DCS Device Server but nothing changed. It is quite awkward because I used that app since 2021 and the problem showed up only the last month but I cannot find a way to get rid of the problem. Advices?

• 2 months later...

Hi ihopi,

There has been a few more updates to the Viper in DCS World, and now some more pages on the external DED are blank:

CRUS, MARK, FIX and A-CAL.

Can you please update the software of DCS Device Server to show these pages on the external DED?

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-05 at 6.45.43 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-05 at 6.45.43 PM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-05 at 6.45.43 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-05 at 6.45.43 PM (3).jpeg