NAVAIR 01-F14AAA-1A

-Cipher-

Hello guys....I'm trying real hard to find the 1A manual containing AWG-9 or weapon employment stuff but I never had any luck finding it.....people say it's classified because Iran is using them...and they might use them to upgrade their Tomcat (this seems like a joke because we all know Iran can never do such thing or if so....only a simple manual won't help) anyway if it's not ok to release the US version of NAVAIR 01-F14AAA-1A.....so I think they can release NAVAIR 01-F14AAA-1A(IR) which belongs to Iranian Airforce.......also if they are classified how HB simulated the AWG-9??? if anyone has access to it please let me know thanks people :thumbup:

CPU :Intel® Core i5-4690K CPU @3.50GHz 3.50GHz GPU :RX 580 Sapphire |RAM : 16GB | SSD 500GB & 1TB Samsung | Flight gear : T.16000 FCS Flight Pack

⚡ Wishlist :    F-117 Nighthawk  | F-14D Super Tomcat |  F-111 Aardvark | P-38M Lightning   ⚡

One came up on EBay some years ago, but that’s about it. It’s not classified any more. I wouldn’t think that the US has any more interest in classifying the -1A any more than they would the SU-35’s counterpart.

One of the guys in our group actually tried to FOIA it from NAVAIR. They didn’t say no, they just said they didn’t have it.

575BB93E-B0BC-4ECC-A2BB-3826FEE26A4F.thumb.jpeg.f632952744ffaf576f6a5353849b6048.jpeg

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

One came up on EBay some years ago, but that’s about it. It’s not classified any more. I wouldn’t think that the US has any more interest in classifying the -1A any more than they would the SU-35’s counterpart.

One of the guys in our group actually tried to FOIA it from NAVAIR. They didn’t say no, they just said they didn’t have it.

thanks ! do you have any idea how can I find it??? I need it so bad.....I spent more than a month finding it and still no result

CPU :Intel® Core i5-4690K CPU @3.50GHz 3.50GHz GPU :RX 580 Sapphire |RAM : 16GB | SSD 500GB & 1TB Samsung | Flight gear : T.16000 FCS Flight Pack

⚡ Wishlist :    F-117 Nighthawk  | F-14D Super Tomcat |  F-111 Aardvark | P-38M Lightning   ⚡

I don’t think you’ll find one, but good luck.

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

I doubt the Iranians ever used NAVAIR pubs in the first place. The entire sales program was administered and coordinated through and via the USAF. It may have been Navy pilots doing some of the transit flights, but they were doing it under USAF funding.

I doubt the Iranians ever used NAVAIR pubs in the first place. The entire sales program was administered and coordinated through and via the USAF. It may have been Navy pilots doing some of the transit flights, but they were doing it under USAF funding.

Just because a piece of equipment went through the USAF, doesn't mean they had USAF tech orders. When I was in, the shops I was in (MetNav/Airfield Systems) had publications from the FAA, NOAA/NWS, Army, and a few other sources. So even if the USAF was dealing with the sale to Iran, they were likely still using the NAVAIR's, just with a stamp on them that added a USAF T.O. number.

Nonsense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So why would they have given them these employment manuals when their cats were delivered only capable of firing AIM-54's by intent? They had no sparrow or 9 systems installed, the Iranian's had to figure that out and wire it themselves, long after the war. I'm betting they used reverse engineering from the phantoms along with phantom's stocks of weapons, since no weapons were delivered for the cat beyond the phoenix.

The Pentagon actually supplied the Iranians with Upgrade kits for their Phoenix's, and bomb racks for Tomcats. I think it possible they may well have given them the documentation to do other things too. That was part of Iran Contra I believe.

Not that the Iranians were not smart enough to do it of course.

So why would they have given them these employment manuals when their cats were delivered only capable of firing AIM-54's by intent? They had no sparrow or 9 systems installed, the Iranian's had to figure that out and wire it themselves, long after the war. I'm betting they used reverse engineering from the phantoms along with phantom's stocks of weapons, since no weapons were delivered for the cat beyond the phoenix.

As far as I know they had the Aim-9P and earlier Sparrow variants in use around 1981 already.