Wheel chocks

Bummer

+1

Here's is the sad part folks......

Original request is now 2 years old - and they haven't managed to figure out how to put wheel chocks in for the A10..........   Mind boggling stuff isn't it......  smh

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/245029-wheel-chocks/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump................................................

2 years folks, 2 years.  👏

• Like 2

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• 1 month later...

+1. To help support this please review the video attached of a A-10 Demo team. 

There's technically 2 requests combined. 

1. Add Chocks

2. Adjust idle thrust to reflect realistic idle taxi (this may not be as popular.)

@~10:40 you'll hear the pilot describe the A-10 idle produce enough thrust to 'idle uh pretty fast so you've got to sit here a just hold the brakes' 

@~13:50 another discussion about idle and brakes. 

P.S. the startup procedure timings and counts are informative. 

Edited by lonewolfknight
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Probably a feature not that complicated to implement and it really is an important quality of life feature. When i arrive on Incirlik north EOR and decide to take a break, i sometimes find myself in the grass once i return. And no: the emergency brake is not a workaround parking brake 😉

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2023 at 8:18 AM, Minhal said:

Probably a feature not that complicated to implement and it really is an important quality of life feature. When i arrive on Incirlik north EOR and decide to take a break, i sometimes find myself in the grass once i return. And no: the emergency brake is not a workaround parking brake 😉

that’s because all the emergency brake handle does is switch to the emergency accumulator it doesn’t apply the brakes.

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Snoopy said:

that’s because all the emergency brake handle does is switch to the emergency accumulator it doesn’t apply the brakes.

True. But it is yet the first thing everybody tells me to use when i complaint about no choks. Hence i checked that mark right off the bat 😄

Fun fact that makes it even funnier: vanilla autostop sequence pulls the emergency brake as if it was a handbrake.

Edited by Minhal
typo

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...