a couple questions

silverdevil

when i first started DCS i was using A-10A, F-15C, then onto A-10C. flew a lot and had success. got F-18C. learned that for quite a while. then i heard that the A-10C II was coming out. i figured i bone up on A-10C before II comes out. i do not have the warthog controllers. but joystick / throttle has lots of buttons and try to get as close as possible to the real jet. but it seems that the controls do not seem to do what they are supposed to do. more specifically when i do tms fwd to make spi. then china fwd long sends the tgp into a place in space. so both of these are long presses. how long does the press / hold need to be? or is something else whacky?

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

when i first started DCS i was using A-10A, F-15C, then onto A-10C. flew a lot and had success. got F-18C. learned that for quite a while. then i heard that the A-10C II was coming out. i figured i bone up on A-10C before II comes out. i do not have the warthog controllers. but joystick / throttle has lots of buttons and try to get as close as possible to the real jet. but it seems that the controls do not seem to do what they are supposed to do. more specifically when i do tms fwd to make spi. then china fwd long sends the tgp into a place in space. so both of these are long presses. how long does the press / hold need to be? or is something else whacky?

Over 1 second will register as long press.

But from what you are describing is telling me you seem to be doing something wrong in setting up the SPI.

On the lower left of the HUD you will see what is generating SPI. If you want the TGP to create the SPI you need to make it SOI then TMS FWD long.

Edited by Dagger71

If you think its your hotas that may not be functioning properly try RSMapper. It'll allow you to manually program the buttons. There's no FPS hit (in my experience), and there's regular updates.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Sounds like your SPI is a Steerpoint in the air and you slew your TGP to it. What does the SPI readout at the lower left corner of the HUD say (should be something like "STPT" or "TGP")?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg