DCS Su-30MK MOD

04.02.2022 в 15:04, freebirddz сказал:

Hi man ! the idea is why to bind ever switch and make the cockpit clickable ? only HOTAS keys maybe bind on stick and throttle, others like real life need to be flapped in cockpit.

I am using VR. Finding this button in VR is no easier than from the monitor. If a real pilot easily switches the toggle switch with his left hand just by touch, without turning his head, then I first need to take my hands off the joystick, then feel for the mouse with my hand, then turn my head in search of a tiny toggle switch with my eyes, shuffle the mouse to see its mark on the screen, then take aim and hit that tumbler!!! Yes, during this time the enemy will have time to stick my nose into the ground several times!
I think that this toggle switch is extremely necessary to add as a command so that it can be assigned to both the keyboard and the joystick!

Безымянный.jpg

Some switches really need to be bind to a key or a button. For instance, during cold starting the F/A-18C, the pilot has to push a button located on the right back of the cockpit at the same time hitting the BIT button on the FCS page to start the BIT. It is rare I know, but some time, in the heat of combat, it would be great if some buttons can be accessed from the throttle and stick, oh, that's why we now have HOTAS IRL.

Edited by VFGiPJP
  • Like 3

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

On 2/6/2022 at 1:02 PM, sa63114200 said:

Absolutely correct. This may be the preferred way of doing it. Thanks.

So there are two ways of doing it, as you have seen by reply from grishik. However, there are pros and cons to each method.

If you do not have a whole lot of modules that require change such as this, and your intended module is stable enough that you don't have to come back and re-add the line after module update, then this simple edit is to way to go. But, if you do, then updating one db_countries.lua file in one location may be preferred. To give you an example, Iranian tankers are 747 and 707, which do not exist in DCS. So I use KC-135 AI instead. Instead of editing the DCS AI config after each release, I add another line to the db_countries.lua file. Of course because I have a bunch of other assets that I need to make such a modification, instead of modifying ten files in ten different locations (which I need to keep track of), I have written a simple script that will copy my master db_countries.lua file with all the necessary lines for me. All I do after a DCS release is to click on a shortcut on the desktop and I am good until the next release.

Many thanks for the reply, I will check it out 🙂

On 2/1/2022 at 5:02 AM, Ithronwise said:

No, I have the same problem with my TM Warthog. The both entries on the Controls setting page are switched. You can also test it with the keyboard keys, it's the same. I posted the issue already on their discord channel.

Not only Landing Gear Up and Down are inverted,  but also ANIMATIONS of Radar On and Off,  and Rudder Left and Right are having the same problem.   Hope they will be fixed in the next update 🙏🙏.

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2022 at 4:45 AM, freebirddz said:

don't need to change any thing about that, used for earlier tests

there are 4 switches for autopilot below throttle

Are you going to put back an improved / better Auto-pilot system than that is implemented in Su-33 ? 

Edited by Archer_111

Many thanks to the Codename Flanker team for their hard works on this excellent mod 👍 !

Is there any future plan to upgrade Su-30's radar so that it can simultaneously lock on 2 separated targets and then launch and guide 2 R-77/77M missiles towards them,  just as what TWS 2 mode does in MiG-29S in DCS?  🤩

• Like 3

On 2/5/2022 at 8:53 PM, Doc3908 said:

How do I switch targets? Once I lock up a target in BVR mode, I can't switch it.

Backspace key? Should unlock target assuming the mod uses the Su-27 key bindings.

• Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

4 часа назад, freebirddz сказал:

Thank you very much, the LG page is already there.

Still not all featured, WIP.

image.png

👍It would be nice if this page was automatically activated during any actions with the aircraft controls, including the landing gear. And then it would be close...

Edited by RaptorFighter
  • Like 2

hi all, I found how to crank on engines more-less reliably: turn your head to have a view on both engine MFD and starting buttons, freeze the view, then hold button for particular engine until it has 10-11 % of nominal and then start clicking the button approx. 3x a second, engine will "catch up" and starts to increase the RPM, when it is above 13 %, you can start the next one 😆

Edited by latware
  • Thanks 1

greetings

latware

(Intel Core i7-4790K;NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970;2xdisplay 1920x1080;Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar+pedals;TrackIR3 6DOF)

Hello,

First of all thanks for the mod, really appreciate your effort to enhancing the DCS experience for all of us - keep up the good work 🙂

A couple of issues/bugs I found that might help the developers (2 have been previously reported but I can confirm them) - this is the SM model - haven't tried them on the rest.

- Bindings for gear up and gear down don't work - only the gear up/down

- Axis set for breaks (left right or both) doesn't work - only button assignment for both wheel breaks.

- Autopilot bindings missing from controller setup (however someone already published an updated lua file for key/joystick default setup which includes autopilot)

- No key binding options for engine shutdown

Cheers 🙂

Hello virtual pilots! In order for pylons 11 and 12 to be displayed again on the MASD page, you need to change the selected line in the attached file, as shown in the screenshot(ready modified file is attached). I wish you all successful flights and victories!))) The way for the file:Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Mods/Aircraft/Su-30MK_SFM v2.01B/Cockpit/Scripts/MFD/Indicator/PAGES/MFD_MASD.lua

2049883604_.png.88ae150f24ab01eea10602d3eb9ab284.png

1.jpg

MFD_MASD.lua

Edited by RaptorFighter
Дополнение
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3