Using a TM MFD but not as a MFD

I know this sounds strange but let me explain. I fly in VR and I use PointCTRL to push the MFD buttons in the cockpit. And I have a TM MFD that I use for all kinds of other functions, like views, hide stick, kneeboarding etc.

when I set up the controls for A-10-II for yesterday, I wanted to set up the controls similarly but when delete all the keybinds it does not allow me to add any others. It will only allow MFD buttons to be setup.

any idea how to fix this?

Peter

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

I know this sounds strange but let me explain. I fly in VR and I use PointCTRL to push the MFD buttons in the cockpit. And I have a TM MFD that I use for all kinds of other functions, like views, hide stick, kneeboarding etc.

when I set up the controls for A-10-II for yesterday, I wanted to set up the controls similarly but when delete all the keybinds it does not allow me to add any others. It will only allow MFD buttons to be setup.

any idea how to fix this?

Peter

You have to edit the .lua file(s) for the MFD. I believe the name is F16MFD1 (located in the joystick sub folder of the A10CII). I added a few keybinds to the rocker switches of the physical MFD including: master arm/safe, gun pac arm/safe, laser arm/safe. I also use VR and wanted these bound for ease of access to mitigate using the mouse and get a bit more "real feel."

Forum member Lecuvier (https://forums.eagle.ru/member/97982-lecuvier), assisted me in what lines to input into the aforementioned .lua file.

If you are aware of how to input these lines of code - that is the file you want to use. If you are unaware, I can PM that forum member with a link to your thread - if he doesn't stumble across it before then.

It would probably be most productive for your side, to literally include all the things you want to bind (specifically) - so he/she can assist you. Very willing to help with my situation, probably the same for yours.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Edited by Ziptie
  • Like 1

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Thanks Ziptie I will look into it

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

I stumbled :)... copying lines of code from "default.lua" into "F16 MFD 1.lua" and "F16 MFD 2.lua" is the solution I would probably use. The downside is that Repair and Update will restore the original files, so you need to have a process for backing up your modified files and restoring them after the Repair/Update. I have a lot of modified files, and I manage that with OvGME. There might be easier solutions. The most elegant solution would be if you could change the device names of your MFCD's so they do not match these file names. In that case you would never need to do any thing else to keep your solution working. You could also just delete these two files "F16 MFD...". However I don't know whether or not you would then lose your bindings when an update or repair restores these files. I do not have these MFCD modules, so I cannot test this scenario.

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5