FPS cut in half after crash / eject

9/10 times when I get shot down and die or eject, select another slot, same aircraft type, my FPS is more than halved, seemingly locked to 30-ish.

Changing aircraft slot to another of different type does not make a difference.

Exiting the mission and restarting it does not make a difference.

Only full DCS restart restores normal FPS

This has been happening most noticably when flying the Hornet. I believe other modules might be affected but not sure.

I run DCS in VR.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

this is a bug that exists since years at least.

i've dedicated a whole thread to it. it happens when vram is filled up, with dcs having no way to flush unused data from vram. it's not exactly a memory leak, but it is related.

i honestly think that some players who play public multiplayer mainly, only operate in that mode of degraded performance, because a complex mission can theoretically fill up vram in an instant, if you have less than 8gb or so.

this is a bug that exists since years at least.

i've dedicated a whole thread to it. it happens when vram is filled up, with dcs having no way to flush unused data from vram. it's not exactly a memory leak, but it is related.

i honestly think that some players who play public multiplayer mainly, only operate in that mode of degraded performance, because a complex mission can theoretically fill up vram in an instant, if you have less than 8gb or so.

Yes I believe you are right. I remember having this issue since 2.5 even in non-vr mode, however I remember that as you say, it happened randomly sometimes when entering a server.

You had to either disconnect/reconnect or restart DCS entirely to resolve the issue.

This might be the same root cause, but I figured I posted this separately because it's been very frequent for me that it happens almost every time I'm shot down/eject/die and respawn in another slot.

Sometimes it happens even before I choose another slot. But always after crash/ejection/death.

This happens in SP. And even though choosing a same aircraft type slot.

Hi. Can you please attach your dcs.log file? ( C:\Users\your_name\Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs.log )

I've checked it before many times, there's never anything abnormal or something indicating an issue in it. But sure, next time it happens, I'll save the log file and attach it to the first post, so you can check it too.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick