No Single Mission Menu

I cannot get the single mission menu to open. From the initial splash page, if I click on "Mission" it goes to the splash screen of the carrier and says loading, but hangs. No list of single missions appear. Only way to get out is to ctrl alt del. It was fine yesterday after beta patch. It is the Steam version; I did an integrity check and it cleaned up/replaced 7 files but the problem still happened afterwards.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

:unsure: Weird, your log is 2 years old:

Can you please attach this one?

C:\Users\your_name\Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs.log

Here you are, thanks.:

dcs.log

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

I also want to note that every other menu item works...instant action, campaign, multiplayer, training, etc. Just not single missions.

Thanks.

v6,

boNes

Thank you. Here's the error message:

2020-11-07 08:40:19.756 INFO DCS: Screen: Mission

2020-11-07 08:40:22.156 ALERT LUACOMMON: Error: GUI Error: [string "./Scripts/dictionary.lua"]:883: attempt to call global 'print' (a nil value)

GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:

[C]: in function 'print'

[string "./Scripts/dictionary.lua"]:883: in function 'getMissionDescription'

[string "./Scripts/utils_common.lua"]:295: in function 'getMissionData'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_openfile.lua"]:1083: in function 'fillMissions'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_openfile.lua"]:949: in function 'addGrid'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_openfile.lua"]:880: in function 'fillMissionsGrids'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_openfile.lua"]:821: in function 'updataFilesGrids'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_openfile.lua"]:307: in function 'updateModGrids'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_openfile.lua"]:298: in function 'selectLocationForPath'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_openfile.lua"]:409: in function 'updateDrivesCombo'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_openfile.lua"]:717: in function 'show'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/MainMenu.lua"]:132: in function 'func'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_wait_screen.lua"]:72: in function 'updater'

[string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:64: in function <[string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:40>

2020-11-07 08:40:22.350 INFO NET: Login success.

I can't find anything like it in the forum. It seems nobody has ever bumped on this error before.

Please try the cleanup and repair procedure.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I have the Steam edition so I can't do that cleanup and repair.

I did an uninstall and reinstall and the problem did not go away.

v6,

boNes

Well, since it was only the single missions I had this idea to wipe out all of the missions folders for every aircraft, including stock ones. I also wiped out all campaign training and instant action missions for good measure. Figured then I'd do an integrity check and Steam would notice stock file missing and replace them.

The validate reinstalled 980 files.

I started it up and it worked again and all of the stock missions were back. SO I'm back up and running, I just have to add on any downloaded missions I had which is not a big deal to me

Took a while but at least I'm running again! On top of that all of my preferences and keybindings are still there.

Maybe a mission file got corrupt and since I wiped them out...it's OK now.

Thanks!

v6,

boNes