Quest 2 - low fps (single digit)

Anyone here having success using Quest 2 for DCS?

I'm using DCS Streamer shortcut, but for me it's unplayable :(

I'm experiencing extremely low fps (6-12fps) via USB link, even on lowest settings in DCS?

If I use Virtual Desktop it's a bit better but still very low fps and unplayable, and for some reason I can't reset my view and I'm sitting way above the canopy?

My old Rift CV1 ran perfect until it died on me.

PC specs:

Intel i7 9700K (not overclocked)

RTX 2080OC

32 GB ram

Gigabyte Gaming X motherboard

LG34" Ultrawide 1440x3440

Win10 on SSD

DCS installed on NVME M2

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Intel i7-9700K | 32 GB DDR4 CL15 @3000mhz | Gigabyte RTX 2080 8GB Gaming OC | 512 GB SSD + 1 TB MVME M2 | Gigabyte Z390 GAMING X Motherbord | LG34" Ultrawide 1440p | Oculus Quest 2 | Hotas X56

Modules and maps:

Supercarrier | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C | Spitfire Mk. IX | F-5E Tiger II | Yak-52 | FC3 | MB-339 A | A-4E-C | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy

I have the same system with a 2080ti. I am using the Oculus Link cable. I am getting around 30 fps and the frame time is 30ms. It is unflyable like this. With the Rift S and the Oculus tray tool I can get 80 fps and 12ms frame time which is butter smooth with using shader mods. Without the shader mods I get solid 20ms frame time and fps is between 40-80 which is still pretty good.

With the Quest 2 DCS is unplayable for me too. The oculus debug tool does not change things that much. If I lower the super sampling to 1.0 I can get 60 fps out of it but it still sucks because of high frame times. I set the headset to 90hz but while I am in the Oculus app I only see 72hz in the performance HUD. I am really curious how people on Youtube got better results than the Rift S.

Anyone here having success using Quest 2 for DCS?

I'm using DCS Streamer shortcut, but for me it's unplayable :(

I'm experiencing extremely low fps (6-12fps) via USB link, even on lowest settings in DCS?

If I use Virtual Desktop it's a bit better but still very low fps and unplayable, and for some reason I can't reset my view and I'm sitting way above the canopy?

My old Rift CV1 ran perfect until it died on me.

PC specs:

Intel i7 9700K (not overclocked)

RTX 2080OC

32 GB ram

Gigabyte Gaming X motherboard

LG34" Ultrawide 1440x3440

Win10 on SSD

DCS installed on NVME M2

You should have good results with your system.

For me you should investigate wathever there is hampering your PC performances, or if your usb port or cable is not good enough for Oculus Link.

I am very tempted to get a Quest 2 (very low price and good screens) but I am holding just because I am not sure the Oculus Link is a good solution for PC VR, and I don't care about other type of VR gaming

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

You should have good results with your system.

For me you should investigate wathever there is hampering your PC performances, or if your usb port or cable is not good enough for Oculus Link.

I am very tempted to get a Quest 2 (very low price and good screens) but I am holding just because I am not sure the Oculus Link is a good solution for PC VR, and I don't care about other type of VR gaming

I have tried with both a third party USB C and the short charging cable from Oculus. Same results with both.

Other titles runs fine via link and Aerofly FS2 is running 100% smooth.

:(

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Intel i7-9700K | 32 GB DDR4 CL15 @3000mhz | Gigabyte RTX 2080 8GB Gaming OC | 512 GB SSD + 1 TB MVME M2 | Gigabyte Z390 GAMING X Motherbord | LG34" Ultrawide 1440p | Oculus Quest 2 | Hotas X56

Modules and maps:

Supercarrier | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C | Spitfire Mk. IX | F-5E Tiger II | Yak-52 | FC3 | MB-339 A | A-4E-C | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy

I am new to the Quest 2. I am trying to get a similar experience to the Rift S by playing around with the settings but the Quest is kind of a nightmare with all this nonsense like a mobile app, facebook login, sidequest, virtual desktop, and oculus deboug tool. Man, try to figure this out. Anyway, I get better fps and frame time with the Quest 2 compared to the Rift S in DCS, however, the overall experience is way behind the Rift. Moving around in the cockpit is extremely choppy, and the picture quality is much worse than it was with the Rift. Yet the higher fps and lower frame time is very confusing. With these performance numbers the Quest 2 should be better but it isn't. I got this headset today and so far the only thing I could figure out is that this issue with the choppy movements is probably down to the 72hz refresh rate. Can you guys set it to 90hz and get a smooth, enjoyable play out of it in DCS? If yes how?

Apparently there is a big update being released for the Quest 2 that will enable the 90Hz feature, higher resolution, and more control over your settings. Link will be out of beta as well. This is the version 23 update that people have been waiting for and probably the biggest update the Quest 2 will receive during its lifetime. Theoretically it was released yesterday, however, mine is still on version 21. They say if you keep your device on and plugged in, it should update itself in the next couple of days.

Have the same problem, and it is after the "BIG" update, im currently running at 2 Fps with frame latency of 850 ms. I'm using oficial optical Oculus 2 cable.

I'm lost at the moment specially that I've noticed that it makes almost no difference what settings I'm running in DCS, also when I check my CPu and GPU load it hovers around 35% on both.

I'm starting to think that it is on Dcs side, Il-2 Sturmovik i have cranked up to max (ultra settings) and it is not dipping below 45fps, same thing with Project Cars 2.

Pc Ryzen 3600, 32Gb ram, 2080 8Gb, on M.2 Nvme.

Yep, the "big" update hasn't helped me either. I am still getting the choppy, jittery head movements in the cockpit irrespective of frame rate and resolution settings. I have been trying different methods but nothing seems to help. Other games are fine, so I am also leaning towards a DCS issue.