F-22A Raptor mod enhancement mod

Hey @Nightstorm - have you changed/added something new in the single player version zipfile?
I'm asking because Windows Defender is constantly preventing me from downloading it because it "detects a virus" and deletes the file immediately after download finishes...

7 hours ago, Agim said:

Hi, I have two tiny issues with current version of the mod.

1) The HUD seems to be equipped with some dark green sun filter. (maybe some incompatability with other mods).

2) Aircraft collision with second fired Aim-120 from external pylon (internal works OK).

I noticed that in the MT version the HUD glass is much darker than it was previously.  I lightened it up and included several options in the F-22A_Cockpit.zip in sub-folders.  Right now I'm happy with the results and it's about 75% of the original stock.  You'd have to extract the zip file and replace the texture to experiment yourself.  New version uploaded with the texture changes, link in first post.

I haven't been using external missiles, but that was the change I made to the A2A_Missiles.lua the other day that seemed to work.  I increased the autopilot delay to 1.0 second for 120C6, C7, D and D2.  That seemed to have resolved the issue for the internal missiles.  What versions are you firing from the external pylon?

32 minutes ago, exec said:

Hey @Nightstorm - have you changed/added something new in the single player version zipfile?
I'm asking because Windows Defender is constantly preventing me from downloading it because it "detects a virus" and deletes the file immediately after download finishes...

See above for the only change that was made recently.  There were no other changes, and it was just a few lines in that one LUA file that were altered.  This newest version has the updated cockpit textures as described.  I would assume it's a false positive.  I'm personally using Bit Defender with no issues.  I'll attach the LUA file separately.  

A2A_Missiles.lua

22 hours ago, FlyingAlex said:

Indeed.  The aerodynamic things are just complicated. 😞

I could hardly get into flat spin with my flight model now.  Mostly I could get into a vertical spin if I pull the stick too hard with TVC. the plane loss speed very quickly and keep rolling nose up and down.  I can easily recover with TVC but I don't know this behavior is normal or something go wrong. 

I think the F-22 could go into a vertical spin but the fcs keeps it from doing that. We can only guess. I hope that in the future, when the NAGD enters service, some information about F-22 will be declassified. Btw I heard a rumor that F-22 pilots are not allowed to show its true aerodynamic capabilities at airshows.

2 hours ago, crixxx said:

I think the F-22 could go into a vertical spin but the fcs keeps it from doing that. We can only guess. I hope that in the future, when the NAGD enters service, some information about F-22 will be declassified. Btw I heard a rumor that F-22 pilots are not allowed to show its true aerodynamic capabilities at airshows.

If that's the case then it makes sense.  I disabled all FCS while TVC was on so I could test what it can do.  When using. TVC the AoA could easily go over 90 degrees

Sorry, I have not gone through the entire thread and just wondering whatever changes are in the dropbox when I download the package?  Thanks.

Dell XPS 9730, i9-13900H, DDR5 64GB, Discrete GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080, 1+2TB M.2 SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog/TPR, TKIR5/TrackClipPro, Win 11 Pro

7 hours ago, scommander2 said:

Sorry, I have not gone through the entire thread and just wondering whatever changes are in the dropbox when I download the package?  Thanks.

There's a readme.txt in the archive the details all of the changes.  There are many.  Presuming you mean compared to the stock mod.

Well, I know that tomorrow is April Fool's Day, so I thought I should get this out NOW so that no one thinks it's a prank!

Some of you may have seen the recent video by Grim Reapers showing the F22 vs F23 using the AIM-260 JATM.  I contacted Cap and asked if I could obtain that missile for use in the F-22 mod.  He checked with CurrentHill and permission was given.  Thank you! @currenthill  He provided me the model and textures.  I based the LUA code on the AIM-120D-2 and after some testing and refinement I'm pretty happy with the results.  The Raptor can carry six of them internally.  Yes, there is some clipping on the rear of them, but then again, there is with AMRAAM's too.  It is what it is.

I named the missile the AIM-260A JATM (Joint Advanced Tactical Missile). 

Every missile I've ever heard of went into service in US military with the "A" designation, I don't see why this would be any different.  I modified the texture accordingly.

The missile was added to the same A2A_Missiles.lua file and the external weapons patch and single player versions have been updated.  Links in the first post.

Readme contains:  "Added AIM-260A JATM by Currenthill (textures) and w3bby82 (3D Model) used with permission and provided by Cap (Grim Reapers) LUA based on AIM-120D-2."

01.jpg

02.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Good morning all,

I'm trying to get Grinellis' original F22 mod working with latest DCS-MT. In both MT-2D and MT-VR I don't see cockpit etc. but only the outer shell of the plane from inside. It's working fine with ST-2D and ST-VR though. I tried without any additional mods activated.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
DK

Edited by DerKlausi

Still waiting for real vector thrusting...

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Since I can wait, and Grinellis only sends to people who show off all over the place without delivering to the players (n.b. nothing wrong with the showing off part), no worries.

Oh...

null

image.png

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

6 minutes ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Since I can wait, and Grinellis only sends to people who show off all over the place without delivering to the players (n.b. nothing wrong with the showing off part), no worries.

Oh...

null

image.png

Play with JAS39 new release first. It releases today. 

Thanks for the heads-up. Already doing so... 😄

@Nightstormregarding shooting yourself with AIM-120D I've tried several things and generally I had to do some balancing and compromise - but this is what worked best for me:

t_b = 0.1
        t_acc = 2.3
        t_marsh = 11.0

loft_factor = 1.8  ==> Reduced it because the higher the loft factor the higher the chance to shoot yourself down or to overshoot when doing long range high alt shots..

active_radar_lock_dist = 30000 ==> I've uncommented this one because otherwise when doing high altitude, long range shots, the missile overshoots because it locks on too late.

controller = {
        boost_start = 0.1,
        march_start = 2.4,
    },

I left autopilot delay = 1 sec. And also modified model data and boost/march missile motor data to reflect the shorter delays in missile motor starting. And although I've set it to 0.1s and the motor indeed starts sooner - it's not REALLY 0.1s so the separation is big enough. 

3 hours ago, DerKlausi said:

Good morning all,

I'm trying to get Grinellis' original F22 mod working with latest DCS-MT. In both MT-2D and MT-VR I don't see cockpit etc. but only the outer shell of the plane from inside. It's working fine with ST-2D and ST-VR though. I tried without any additional mods activated.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
DK

The last version of MT seemed to fix issues with running the mods that were broken before 2.8.3.38090.  I'm not using the stock version of the F22 mod but nothing was changed with the cockpit model.  If you're messing around with THIS add on to that, it requires the base mod to be installed first and then it installs over it.

2 hours ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Still waiting for real vector thrusting...

I'm sure it's still being worked on.  These things take time.

2 hours ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Oh...

null

image.png

There's no virus in the file.  Not much has changed in months.  I don't know what it's detecting but there are no EXE, DLL or other files.  Maybe the CMD files?  They just copy thing around.  I just scanned the file with Bitdefender Total Security, screenshot attached.

Screenshot 2023-04-01 073704.png

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, exec said:

@Nightstormregarding shooting yourself with AIM-120D I've tried several things and generally I had to do some balancing and compromise - but this is what worked best for me:

t_b = 0.1
        t_acc = 2.3
        t_marsh = 11.0

loft_factor = 1.8  ==> Reduced it because the higher the loft factor the higher the chance to shoot yourself down or to overshoot when doing long range high alt shots..

active_radar_lock_dist = 30000 ==> I've uncommented this one because otherwise when doing high altitude, long range shots, the missile overshoots because it locks on too late.

controller = {
        boost_start = 0.1,
        march_start = 2.4,
    },

I left autopilot delay = 1 sec. And also modified model data and boost/march missile motor data to reflect the shorter delays in missile motor starting. And although I've set it to 0.1s and the motor indeed starts sooner - it's not REALLY 0.1s so the separation is big enough. 

I'm glad you found a value that works.  I didn't want to lower the Loft too much (it was originally 4.5) as loft helps get the missile out to long range.  I can experiment with the 1.8 value though and see how it performs.  Thanks.

I updated the range and DLZ information for the AIM-260A.  Max range at altitude and speed is approximately 130 nautical miles under optimal conditions.  This is an improvement over the AIM-120D and 120D-2.

The external weapons patch and single player versions have been updated.  Links in the first post.

3 hours ago, Nightstorm said:

I updated the range and DLZ information for the AIM-260A.  Max range at altitude and speed is approximately 130 nautical miles under optimal conditions.  This is an improvement over the AIM-120D and 120D-2.

The external weapons patch and single player versions have been updated.  Links in the first post.

Good day, Nightstorm!
Everything is fine. Only the us_AIM-260A.png file is missing, unfortunately...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RaptorFighter said:

Good day, Nightstorm!
Everything is fine. Only the us_AIM-260A.png file is missing, unfortunately...

Oops, yes, *FIXED* Download updated.

1 hour ago, Soapy dog said:

Is it only me but the aim-260 does not have a texture?

The texture is included in the weapons.zip file located in the F22 textures folder.

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1