F-22A Raptor mod enhancement mod

Hey All.  As seen earlier in this thread the F22 skins I released were made from a template created by Texac.

See here:  

All of the skins I've released were primarily derived from that template, which he asked that I not share.  I did all of the work for the tails in photoshop on that template.

When I decided to just do "all" of the F22's it took a bit of time as you might expect.

@000rick000

"Just curious if you used my "Cripes A'mighty" that ships with the mod as the base for this?  I made the Nose art by hand using vectors and it's EXACTLY the same, and placed exactly the same.  I purposefully made it skewed, and not to perfect scale."

As to the Cripes A'mighty version, I used the one that was released with the mod as a basis for the nose art.  I simply selected that part and made it another layer for the template.  I only did this to have a version that matched the rest of the releases.  I personally didn't know who created it and I though it would be obvious that is where it came from.

I didn't intend to steal it or pass it off as my work.  I mean the only work I did on these textures was some tweaks to the layers and creating the all the tail numbering/squadron info.  I was just doing this to share it with the community, not take credit for or profit off of it.

@Urbi  I appreciate the sentiment behind trying to defend someone you don't know and that you contacted me.  Thank you.

@000rick000

I'd be happy to adjust that archive with a credit statement in the readme or if you want I'll remove it.  Please advise.

Thank you,

Edited by Nightstorm

000Rick000 and I chatted and we worked it all out.  In the latest uploads I had combined all of the F22 liveries into four archives that were sizeable.  These were the same archives I was using for my OvGME install.  The readme on them didn't include any information.

I have corrected that and all of them have this:

F-22A Liveries Set X (A,B,C,D) for the DCS F-22A RAPTOR MOD BY GRINNELLIDESIGNS.

https://fsoutlet.com/f22/

Artwork by:

Primary template used created by:  Texac
Modifications, tail codes and bort numbers by:  Nightstorm
Other art work by:  000Rick000 and the Grinnelli Designs team.

Since I was repacking them for upload I also compressed them to .7z to save space.  I've also updated the first post to contain these links.

Thanks,

Livery sets:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlt22v884c3q37r/F-22A Liveries Set A.7z?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3d3e201qdmz63lt/F-22A Liveries Set B.7z?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nm6g4raiinvuy90/F-22A Liveries Set C.7z?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4mq5gws34t1sfp/F-22A Liveries Set D.7z?dl=0

F-22A mod for the original release.  (The changes I've made for single and multi-player.  I didn't have anything to do with the original version of the mod.)

Single player version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0iahwuoozbqk5t/F-22A Single Player.7z?dl=0

Multi-player version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/47d2gu21874torf/F-22A Multi Player.7z?dl=0

Single player version was updated yesterday to include the new AIM-120C ED model of 4/14/21 for the AIM-120D.

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 1

Thanks dude. Appreciate it.  I've removed my post from before to avoid any drama from late comers.  

@Urbi

I've DM'd you in discord to answer your last question.  

Edited by 000rick000
  • Thanks 1

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

@Nightstorm I've run into a weird issue when using the mod on my own pub server.  The Raptors "float" above the ground when on the ground, they loose their LO attributes (think they revert to the Eagle's baseline RCS), revert to the default Grinnelli skin and don't engage enema air.  Could this be because I'm using the SP version?  Any ideas?  I've asked around but no one seems to want or be able to chime in...

On 8/4/2021 at 12:43 PM, Hnnjj said:

Yes i has Flaming Cliff , everything work only UP and DOWN not work

FCS = Flight Control System

Look at the binding key name FCS Mode and disabled it for "free flight" without electronic restriction.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 2:43 PM, Nightstorm said:

FYI before anyone posts this as a bug; 

The per terrain map feature in the modifications I made to the F22 depend upon being able to identify the map when it loads and then choose the correct map graphic to use.  The last map for Syria, did not use the same method of identification and I couldn't identify it specifically.  So, the code could identify the other three and would set them correctly and if it didn't match those three it set it to Syria as that was the only other option.

Now with Marians Islands map, it has the same issue.  That map can't be identified by the same "get" function.  The result is, if the Map isn't Caucasus, Nevada or Persian Gulf, it will be set to Syria.

I'll paste the code below that calls this function.  If anyone has any ideas on how to improve it or get it to work with the new maps I'd be glad for the help.  Thanks!

--NIGHTSTORM MAP SELECT
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
local MAP_PAGE       = MakeMaterial(LockOn_Options.script_path.."../Scripts/IndicationTextures/OFF.dds", GreenColor)    --(OFF)
local MAP1_PAGE       = MakeMaterial(LockOn_Options.script_path.."../Scripts/IndicationTextures/MAP1.dds", MainColor)    --(Caucasus)
local MAP2_PAGE       = MakeMaterial(LockOn_Options.script_path.."../Scripts/IndicationTextures/MAP2.dds", MainColor)    --(Nevada)
local MAP3_PAGE       = MakeMaterial(LockOn_Options.script_path.."../Scripts/IndicationTextures/MAP3.dds", MainColor)    --(Persian Gulf)
local MAP4_PAGE       = MakeMaterial(LockOn_Options.script_path.."../Scripts/IndicationTextures/MAP4.dds", MainColor)    --(Syria)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--"Caucasus" Returns Caucasus
--"Nevada" Returns Nevada
--"Persian Gulf" Returns Persian Gulf
--"Syria" Returns NOTHING (Doesn't appear to work)

local map = get_terrain_related_data("name")
local syria = "Syria"

local function Map_Logic()

if map == ("Caucasus") then 
--    print_message_to_user(map)
    MAP_PAGE   = MAP1_PAGE

elseif map == ("Nevada") then 
    MAP_PAGE   = MAP2_PAGE

elseif map == ("Persian Gulf") then 
    MAP_PAGE   = MAP3_PAGE

else
--    print_message_to_user(syria)
    MAP_PAGE   = MAP4_PAGE    
    end

end    

Map_Logic()
--NIGHTSTORM MAP SELECT

Hi there,

I found a workaround which work for all the maps : do not use get_terrain_related_data("name") , but get_terrain_related_data("id") instead. You will find the appropriate values in each map's entry.lua file (C:\DCS\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Syria\entry.lua for example)

Rgds,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daniel_Senso said:

I can't using "Aircraft bank left , right , up and down" in plane why?? 

Look at the axis assignments. I’m pretty sure you need to use the pitch and roll axes that start with F22, they may be highlighted in a colour?

Dont use the normal pitch and roll.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

Enjoying the Mods Nightstorm that you added to an already great mod from Grennelli.  Unfortunately with my "Old Man" compromised vision, (even using a 54" screen in 2K res. with my eyes within 3 feet!) The HUD information it too washed out to read unless I zoom up enough where the HUD fills most the screen.  That is the case for most HUD's in this game for me. But there are a few exceptions because there are Mods available that have done the following 3 things that all help enough for me to see decently enough.  Right now my favorite is the F18 HUD.  Here is what worked in the F18: 1) Raising the color intensity parameter beyond 255 and slightly changing the green to a more fluorescent type of color for my cataract eyes.  (For anyone out there that is young, a cataract in an eye is like looking out a yellowed and fogged out plexi-glass! 2) Removing any reflections, specifically on the HUD glass. (I cancel all reflections in-cockpit if a mod is available like here for the F22.) 3) A sleight HUD glass Tint provides enough contrast to read most colors on the HUD for me because without it, most colors wash-out on the HUD when the background is a light colored one like a light blue sky or clouds. I searched around your files for playing with colors and could not find the one that defines the various HUD color options selectable from within the cockpit. Could you tell me which file it is?  I already played with some of the parameters in the font.lua file but did not notice a change specifically to the HUD, just the other digital displays popped-out more to me.  So Nightstorm, anyway to tint the HUD glass a little like in the F18?  I noticed in the liveries directory there is a F22/default sub-directory with a "description.lua" file that has a command line mentioning a f22_pit_hud_glass.dds file  that you might be able to activate if located in the correct directory location (under cockpit/scripts?) but unfortunately the actual .dds file does not exist that I can find.  Thanks for your assist. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 5:43 PM, Thunder Chicken22 said:

@Nightstorm I've run into a weird issue when using the mod on my own pub server.  The Raptors "float" above the ground when on the ground, they loose their LO attributes (think they revert to the Eagle's baseline RCS), revert to the default Grinnelli skin and don't engage enema air.  Could this be because I'm using the SP version?  Any ideas?  I've asked around but no one seems to want or be able to chime in...

I've no idea what would be causing this.

On 8/4/2021 at 4:23 AM, Hnnjj said:

Hello , everything working but UP and DOWN plane not working for me..? how i can fix it

Check the link on the first post.  The download site has specific instructions about the flight controls.  You can't use the normal pitch up/down.

On 8/6/2021 at 12:59 PM, JTFF_Gemini said:

Hi there,

I found a workaround which work for all the maps : do not use get_terrain_related_data("name") , but get_terrain_related_data("id") instead. You will find the appropriate values in each map's entry.lua file (C:\DCS\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Syria\entry.lua for example)

Rgds,

Thank you!  I will test this out.

On 8/7/2021 at 1:30 AM, Antibak said:

Enjoying the Mods Nightstorm that you added to an already great mod from Grennelli.  Unfortunately with my "Old Man" compromised vision, (even using a 54" screen in 2K res. with my eyes within 3 feet!) The HUD information it too washed out to read unless I zoom up enough where the HUD fills most the screen.  That is the case for most HUD's in this game for me. But there are a few exceptions because there are Mods available that have done the following 3 things that all help enough for me to see decently enough.  Right now my favorite is the F18 HUD.  Here is what worked in the F18: 1) Raising the color intensity parameter beyond 255 and slightly changing the green to a more fluorescent type of color for my cataract eyes.  (For anyone out there that is young, a cataract in an eye is like looking out a yellowed and fogged out plexi-glass! 2) Removing any reflections, specifically on the HUD glass. (I cancel all reflections in-cockpit if a mod is available like here for the F22.) 3) A sleight HUD glass Tint provides enough contrast to read most colors on the HUD for me because without it, most colors wash-out on the HUD when the background is a light colored one like a light blue sky or clouds. I searched around your files for playing with colors and could not find the one that defines the various HUD color options selectable from within the cockpit. Could you tell me which file it is?  I already played with some of the parameters in the font.lua file but did not notice a change specifically to the HUD, just the other digital displays popped-out more to me.  So Nightstorm, anyway to tint the HUD glass a little like in the F18?  I noticed in the liveries directory there is a F22/default sub-directory with a "description.lua" file that has a command line mentioning a f22_pit_hud_glass.dds file  that you might be able to activate if located in the correct directory location (under cockpit/scripts?) but unfortunately the actual .dds file does not exist that I can find.  Thanks for your assist. 

I know that you can cycle the color of the HUD to various colors.  However, the F22 uses the F15 avionics including the HUD.  I don't know of a way to change the intensity or color of it beyond the brightness control.  Those controls can be found under the F15C/F22 control set up.  I don't recall what they are off the top of my head but I know they're there.

@JTFF_Gemini  I rewrote the map code section and tested it.  As you said, it works perfectly now and exactly as I intended.  So it will auto select which map texture to use.

I've updated both versions of the mod with this code.  Same links on the first page.

--NIGHTSTORM MAP SELECT
local MAP_PAGE       = MakeMaterial(LockOn_Options.script_path.."../Scripts/IndicationTextures/OFF.dds", GreenColor)    --(OFF)
local MAP1_PAGE       = MakeMaterial(LockOn_Options.script_path.."../Scripts/IndicationTextures/MAP1.dds", MainColor)    --(Caucasus)
local MAP2_PAGE       = MakeMaterial(LockOn_Options.script_path.."../Scripts/IndicationTextures/MAP2.dds", MainColor)    --(Nevada)
local MAP3_PAGE       = MakeMaterial(LockOn_Options.script_path.."../Scripts/IndicationTextures/MAP3.dds", MainColor)    --(Persian Gulf)
local MAP4_PAGE       = MakeMaterial(LockOn_Options.script_path.."../Scripts/IndicationTextures/MAP4.dds", MainColor)    --(Syria)
local MAP5_PAGE       = MakeMaterial(LockOn_Options.script_path.."../Scripts/IndicationTextures/MAP5.dds", MainColor)    --(Mariana Islands)

local map = get_terrain_related_data("id") 

local function Map_Logic()

if map == ("Caucasus") then             --Caucasus
    MAP_PAGE   = MAP1_PAGE

elseif map == ("Nevada") then             --Nevada
    MAP_PAGE   = MAP2_PAGE

elseif map == ("PersianGulf") then         --PersianGulf
    MAP_PAGE   = MAP3_PAGE

elseif map == ("Syria") then            --Syria
    MAP_PAGE   = MAP4_PAGE    

elseif map == ("MarianaIslands") then    --MarianaIslands
    MAP_PAGE   = MAP5_PAGE    

end

end    

Map_Logic()
--NIGHTSTORM MAP SELECT

• Thanks 1

Nightstorm:  To darken the HUD, what about a HUD Re-Shade?  I know GrowlingSidewinder uses one on his F-22 HUD to darken it somewhat. A small amount of shading in the HUD area would make all the difference.  Most other planes in-game have a slightly darkened area from the HUD glass.  It makes all the difference for us sight challenged people.  It would be great if you could add it as an option to your mods.  I'm not experienced with programming and trial and error for several hours trying to figure it out myself has been futile. My original post had some details on what I attempted above. Any help would be appreciated.  Finally, there are numerous posts on this subject on other plane types, most all have been addressed with a small mod, so there are other people out there like me that could benefit from this on the F-22. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

First, I just want to say how great this mod is. I don't know if any one has ever brought up this issue. When using the TDC Slew i am not able to change the radar range. This also happens with display zoom in and out. It keeps defaulting to 20 miles. Help on this would be appreciated.

The items that have been mentioned don't have anything to do with the mod to the Grinelli F22 Mod that I've done.  The F22 mod uses the F15C avionics for various things and most of the code is encrypted.  I don't have access to alter the way that they function.

Uploaded a new version of the Single Player mod.  Link is still the same on the first post.

Updates include:

Modified cockpit canopy normal for a few more scratches.

(Some of these are getting up there in age, so makes sense there would be some scratches and scuff marks.)

Created a Fuelcell.lua that contains two "internal" fuel cells that can be added to station 6 on the F22.  680 Gal and 1900 Gal. 

(The 1900 gal is the equivalent of having wing tanks but not having them visible.  The 680 gal makes up for the difference in fuel between what the F15 avionics allow and what the F22 actually has.  The extra fuel will show up as external.  Again, that's a limit of the avionics.)
Adjusted F22.lua and entry.lua to use the fuel cells.

Adjusted F22.lua to allow for increased maximum speed.

(Were you tired of hearing betty scream "Maximum Speed!"  Me too.)

Adjusted model names of AIM-120C-6 and -7 to fit better on weapons display.

(Display name is based on the model file name so 120C-6 and -7 will now read 120C6 and 120C7.)

Adjusted performance of AIM-9X2 and AIM-9X3 for realistic "near BVR range" capability.

(Simulates the "lock on after launch" capability of the advanced 9X missiles.  Range is ~20nm under ideal conditions.)

Increased proximity fuse arm times on AIM-120 variants to allow for launch platform separation.

(Getting shot down by your own missile is no fun.)

Added M61-A2 Cannon and ammunition to F22.lua.  Options are HEI High Explosive Incendiary and HEI-T High Explosive Incendiary-Tracer

(I like red tracers.  And this allows for tweaking of parameters such as shell mass, velocity, lifetime, explosive yield etc.  Ammo types selectable in ME as per usual.)

Added engine start up effect with APU shutdown.

(Since we're limited by what sound files can be used, I'm using this to give the effect of the engines starting.)

Replaced default SU-25 engine sound effects as these are used by the F22.

(Replaced the default SU-25 engine sound effects with modified versions.)

Replaced default SU-25 cannon sound effects as these are used by the F22.

(Replaced the default SU-25 cannon sound effects with a modified Vulcan cannon version.)

Replaced default common canopy effect with a modified version of the F16's canopy effect.

(Replaced the canopy effect)

The last three affect more aircraft than just the F22.  If you don't want to use the modified sound files just delete the sounds folder from the archive.

Enjoy.

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Thanks 1

Hola

Comentar acerca de este aparato F-22 ,que me he encontrado con un pequeño gran problema , y lo suelo volar con frecuencia

Hasta la fecha lo he volado bien , pero hoy al tratar de hacer un vuelo , me doy cuenta que el cabaceo no me va 

Me explico , hago rodaje y entro en pista , como siempre suelo trimar el aparato para hacer un buen despegue sin forzarlo , hasta ahì bien  pero ya una vez cogida una altura trato de recuperar estabilidad , y no me responde el Joystick  el  alabeo si va , pero el cabeceo , no hay manera que responda 

Alguien me podrìa comentar acerca de este problema ...?

Gracias