Small part of Egypt the sinai and suez canal

LaRata

If will be to difficult to include a very small part of Egypt the Sinai and the Suez Canal to simulate a war here from 1956...??

Suez/Sinai War(1956)-- Since the end of the First War with Israel, Egypt encouraged Palestinian raids against the Israelis from Gaza and Sinai. Israel made plans with Britain and France to attack Egypt. On October 29, 1956, Israeli troops invaded Egypt's Sinai Peninsula and quickly overcame opposition as they raced for Suez. The next day, Britain and France, following suit, in response to Egypt's nationalization of the Suez Canal, and on October 31, Egypt was attacked and invaded by the military forces of Britain and France. President Eisenhower of the United States pressured Britain, France and Israel into agreeing to a cease-fire and eventual withdrawal from Egypt. Militarily, Egypt was defeated by teh invading allies, but Nasser claimed a political and moral victory as British, French, and Israeli forces were forced to leave Egypt by the Great Powers.

05719953d1ab04a259e487a8def10f24.png.01e2651fca384e4f3d3822aa455e3ef6.png

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This would be great, but the reality is that in order to do it you will need to expand the map to the South significantly and fill in the whole of Israel (Something I recall Ugra/ED said they weren't keen on because of the complexity/detail) in addition to everything in Egypt to atleast the Suez, likely 50-100km the other side, let alone any additional space needed to add appropriate Egyptian Airfields.  I feel like its a logical future map rather than a logical expansion of any existing map. 

• Like 2

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

3 hours ago, shu77 said:

This would be great, but the reality is that in order to do it you will need to expand the map to the South significantly and fill in the whole of Israel (Something I recall Ugra/ED said they weren't keen on because of the complexity/detail) in addition to everything in Egypt to atleast the Suez, likely 50-100km the other side, let alone any additional space needed to add appropriate Egyptian Airfields.  I feel like its a logical future map rather than a logical expansion of any existing map. 

Agreed. I would much rather see more of the current area i.e. northeastern syria, and the euphrates river banks east of Raqqah fleshed out, which saw the majority of CJTF-OIR air support in the past 7 years.
Expanding the map further south would be very time consuming as the rest of Israel (especially the city of Jerusalem) would take a significant development effort to complete, particularly given the high density of unique buildings. This makes such an expansion quite more time and resource consuming than it seems at face value. That said, if they were capable of doing it, I would be in support of such an expansion.

Edited by Aarnoman
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 11/27/2020 at 8:00 PM, LaRata said:

If will be to difficult to include a very small part of Egypt the Sinai and the Suez Canal to simulate a war here from 1956...??

Suez/Sinai War(1956)-- 

In the Sinai, four more wars were fought between Israel and Egypt:

1948 war of independence 

1967 Six day war

1969 War of attrition

1973 Yom Kippur war

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,