DLSS Implementation

Cavemanhead

Did you try the search function in the top right? This has been requested and discussed at length already. Two main points:

1. it is not compatible with the render engine of DCS. Don't ask me about details, I just got this as a "conclusion" to discussions about it from much smarter people.

2. it is vendor specific, flight sim is a small enough niche as it is without spending tons of hours of dev time on something which only a portion of the user base can enjoy.

10 hours ago, Cavemanhead said:

Why not?  This is one of the single biggest framerate enhancements...

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

16 hours ago, Cavemanhead said:

This is one of the single biggest framerate enhancements...

I see you are not familiar with the way a sales brochure works...

Step 1

Develop new product.

Footnote : Development and/or newness of product optional

Step 2

Present new/not new product as best thing ever in whole history of the world, never before seen, and that absolutely everyone must have it or their life will end in 17 minutes and 21 seconds

Step 3

?

Step 4

Profit from large numbers of easily influenced people rushing out to buy the latest must have

If it was really so terribly obvious and easy, they wouldn't need a forum comment to make the decision.

''Hey, you know what? That guy in the YouTube comment section earlier... he was really on to something. How come nobody thought of that before? What am I even paying you people for? Somebody get LazyPenis219 on the phone, STAT!'' said nobody ever.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

DLSS 2.0 is amazing, if the game engine is optimized to support it. That's not really up for debate. Different games will show different improvements, but it's clear than when properly implemented, it works wonderfully.

As for being vendor specific, it may be for now, but AMD is also developing a very similar thing, so the option will come for both vendors. Whether or not it's technically possible to have both implementations available is something I do not know though.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

For DLSS to be a thing, first you need an engine built from the ground up to have raytracing. Not gonna happen anytime soon. 

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick.