File for blue background for aircraft in ME?

RedTiger

Can anyone tell me what file is used for the blue background behind aircraft in ME? I've seen some people who have an image of some sort, like a blue sky with clouds, in its place. I want to replace it with an image of my own.

It is I guess test-2.dds or bmp in ...\FUI\Common.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

yea sure, maybe its about time to host this over at lockonfiles. I never did it because this skin was created for me by EricJ, and he said since it was a customized skin, he didn't host it there.

But there's a lot of request of this one skin so maybe I will host it over the weekend. So check back later, since I'm a bit busy this week

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yea sure, maybe its about time to host this over at lockonfiles. I never did it because this skin was created for me by EricJ, and he said since it was a customized skin, he didn't host it there.

But there's a lot of request of this one skin so maybe I will host it over the weekend. So check back later, since I'm a bit busy this week

While your at it can you please post your test-2.dds file that you have shown in the screen shot? Thanks, your Kung Fu is very strong.

• Like 1

the test-2.dds file is actually being hosted on lockonfiles, but not as a modman file

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=122&lid=873&ttitle=Loadout_background#dldetails

When i made it, I made it to fit my widescreen resolution, of course it should still work with a regular 4:3 ratio monitor, but the clouds just might seem squished. But that's why i chose clouds, you can't really tell.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks, your Kung Fu is very strong.

LOL :megalol::megalol:

While your at it can you please post your test-2.dds file that you have shown in the screen shot?

this's what im using, the background is a part of an airforce mod from Lockonfiles

LockOn2008-06-0513-34-07-48.jpg

yea the problem with both the background from my mod, as well as the air force mod is that if someone is using a different ratio, you could clearly tell

I was thinking about using this picture next

Background5.jpg

So when its stretched or squished, it still looks pretty normal. Plus it looks cool, it looks like something from dogfights when they analyze a plane.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the help SuperKungFu, I'm using dds converter 2 and I was able to figure out how to change the background.

My idea was for a picture of an airbase with planes parked on the tarmac. Kinda gives the feeling that your plane is sitting there while ordinance is being loaded.

My idea was for a picture of an airbase with planes parked on the tarmac. Kinda gives the feeling that your plane is sitting there while ordinance is being loaded.

Yeah, but it will look totally odd if you grab the plane with mouse and rotate the view :doh:

I'd go with SuperKungFu's idea.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

True, but I don't mind rotating the plane. In my mind I never really associated the background with the environment the plane is in. I want a background that sets the mood for what you are doing, which is adding ordinance to your plane. I have a really rough and low res picture I already tried, the rotating doesn't look too bad. :)

Ah nice, I see you change the MiG-29 and Su-25T pictures as well as the main photo

This is mine so far, still needs a bit more work

main-screen2.jpg

I also change the payload screen a little, so it looks like something out of discovery channel

ScreenShot_003-1.jpg

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes nice but as SKF said it needs a bit more work (example IMO Discovery background doesn't fit to the rest gray theme).

First screen is cool :D

Thx SKF :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

@SuperKungFu:

I really like what you are making, but I was thinking instead of the american vs russian flags in the upper corners, wouldn't it be more accurate to put the Nato vs the soviet flags there? Isn't the era of this flight sim around 1990? (yes I know that was the end of the cold war but...) Just a suggestion :) keep up the good work. I would love to use your work if you release it

Oдин