Framerate

BobbyDevo

I don't think so, FPS counter is hard coded to L-CTRL+Pause.

But you can use another external counter like FRAPS ( https://fraps.com/ ) or MSI Afterburner ( https://www.msi.com/Landing/afterburner ) to show you FPS (and more).

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

"RCtrl + Scroll Lock" also works to display the built-in FPS counter in DCS. But chances are you have no Scroll Lock key on your laptop either. Do you?

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible there is something in one of the config filed that i could change the setting, like a true or false thing?  I looked around a bit but didnt see anything- but im not the best at reading thru those config files anyway.

Any help would be great

I've just tried to change the values below (in \DCS World OpenBeta\Config\Input\Aircrafts\Default\keyboard\default.lua) but it didn't work. I'm pretty sure these controls are part of the binary file, which means they can't be changed.

{combos = {{key = 'Pause', reformers = {'RCtrl'}}}, down = iCommandGraphicsFrameRate, name = _('Frame rate counter - Service info'), category = _('General')},

If you really want to use the ingame FPS counter, the easiest thing to do is asking AutoHotKey to send RCtrl+PrintScreen thanks to another combo.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.