[FIXED] Anyway to modify the axis speed for the radar elevation when using slide axis function?

DarkStar79

Im using the radar elevation axis in slide function.  When I use that the radar elevation wheel is icreadibly sensitive. I only need to move the wheel a couple of milimiters for it to elevate alot.  Is there a way to lower the speed of the radar elevation?

If i try and make a curve or lower the axis value in the axis setting it also effect the Zoom on the TGP.  So I now have 2 separate axis.  one that is controlling the zoom for the TGP that is bind to the regular radar axis. And one for the radar elevation, which is bound to the radar elevation slide function. So im using 2 knobs now.

I just want to use 1 wheel to controll both the TGP and the radar elevation.

So can you modify some file or anything to not make the radar elevation so sensitive?

Edited by uboats

None of that work.  They only effect the slew rate on the radar cursor.  I mean the speed of the elevation on the radar.  I cant find a way to lower that.

How do you guy manage?  Isnt it super sensitive for you guys also when you have it on the radar slide axis?

Edited by Kristoffer79

• uboats changed the title to [CHK] Anyway to modify the axis speed for the radar elevation when using slide axis function?
2 hours ago, uboats said:

slide is for absolute axis position, not for moving speed.

could you check again?

Yes I know.  But the absolut axis position for me makes it extremely sensitive on the elevation for the radar.  If i move maybe 10% of my full throw on my axis i reach max and min elevation angels..

There really should be a way to make it less sensitive somehow  I dont need to have that extreme angels on the radar elevation..

Edited by Kristoffer79

just checked

i used CH throttle mini stick to checked both T6 antenna axis and axis (slide). both moves smoothly.

@Kristoffer79could you record a video showing how you bind your axis, and how it performs in game?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

There was another user with the same problem(bug section):

Sadly there was no info about the used HOTAS brand, would be interesting to know if it was/is the same brand Kristoffer79 is using(also no info about HW in sig or thread).

I know its not helping with your problem but for me it works fine(video in linked thread) like for uboats.

@Kristoffer79Do you use any kid of MOD?

Edited by unknown

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

13 hours ago, uboats said:

just checked

i used CH throttle mini stick to checked both T6 antenna axis and axis (slide). both moves smoothly.

@Kristoffer79could you record a video showing how you bind your axis, and how it performs in game?

Yes they both moves smooth.  Thats not the problem.  Its just that its to sensitive on the elevation,  I mean you never need to angel the radar more then a couple of degrees to look for targets with the radar to scan lets say 10000 feet higher or lower.  And when im using the slide function I only need to move my knob a couple of milimiters. wich makes i t hard to be precise..

And when im using a curve on that axis and so on it also effects the TGP zoom. So i cant finetune the axis eighter..

I think its hard to have same axis controling both TGP and Radar. I dont want any curv or anything on the TGP but on the radar elevation i definately want a big curv and also lover the complete throw on that axis.

Edited by Kristoffer79

I'm also wondering about this.

I use an analog axis slider for easy and fast zoom with the WMD7. Unfortunately when I switch back to air to air it's really hard to precisely navigate the radar elevation with the same slider.

• Like 1

• uboats changed the title to [FIXED] Anyway to modify the axis speed for the radar elevation when using slide axis function?

As i said earlier it works fine on my side:

slider.jpg

- RL slider position moved slowly up -> radar elevation marker followes

- RL slider position moved very fast down -> radar elevation marker followes as soon as possible(after finishing scan in current elevation)

- same with various positions/speeds

• Like 1

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

added
image.thumb.png.6995fb815ee081f90a54b7f7e3a27b5d.png

Nice! Thats only for the regular elevation axis right? Not the sensivity on the slide function?

Can you also make a function to invert the elevation axis maybe? Cause if I use the same axis for tgp and elevation. Then when I turn the wheel down I move the elevation up. So it’s little awkward..

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, Kristoffer79 said:

Nice! Thats only for the regular elevation axis right? Not the sensivity on the slide function?

Can you also make a function to invert the elevation axis maybe? Cause if I use the same axis for tgp and elevation. Then when I turn the wheel down I move the elevation up. So it’s little awkward..

slide is abs position, cannot set move speed

you can set the invert in axis control

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Ok, you are missing the point here. We have 1 axis controlling 2 functions. I have the F16 throttle, the same as in the JF-17.

I’m using the thumb wheel controlling the TGP zoom and Radar elevation. If I turn the wheel forward I want it to zoom in. But that also mean that if a turn the wheel forward when I have the radar selected the elevation moves down which is opposite to all other airplanes with a radar. It’s awkward.

If I reverse the axis the zoom on the TGP gets reversed. So when I turn the wheel forward the TGP zooms out. Which feels weird.

The logical for me is:
Wheel forward: TGP zoom in and radar elevation up.

Now it is:
Wheel forward: TGP zoom in and radar elevation down..

It would be nice to just have a setting under special menu to reverse the radar elevation separately.

Du you get what I mean here?

It

• Like 1