NVG and HMS/HMD commands for the Viper

Nightstorm

Good morning,

I noticed this weekend that Ground Crew commands for NVG and HMD/HMS in the Viper don't seem to be working correctly.  The commands are implemented in the latest keywords and they are accepted by Viacom but they don't have the intended results.  I get a reply from the ground crew of "Copy"...."Rearming complete".

And then no change to the NVG/HMD as expected.  Using the comms menu it works correctly.  Everything else I'm aware of works correctly.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just noticed this on the Hornet, same goes to rearming complete does not install NVG

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

On 12/19/2021 at 6:24 PM, speed-of-heat said:

Just noticed this on the Hornet, same goes to rearming complete does not install NVG

So, what you guys are saying is that the command is accepted by VA/VAICOM but not executed in DCS? 

I won't be able to check until next year 😭 so I encourage more people to test and report this, and I'm sure @Hollywood_315will fix it ASAP.

Cheers! 

@MAXsenna & @Hollywood_315, yes that's correct or that it is trying to execute the wrong command as we get the re-arming complete message

• Thanks 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Same here, it's been like that for quite a while now.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Same here with the Hornet, crew chief won't load NVGs.

Command is recognised, and he does some kind of re-arming but it's still the HMCS loaded. He responds with "rearming complete" which is not what's expected after adding NVG he should say "NVG installed".

Doing it manually clicking through the F-menu in the same jet configuration (canopy open both times) works, and then the response is "NVG Installed"
This is with the hornet.

"Request NVG" is the command in the manual.

Looks like a bug in the connection to API or however it talks to DCS.

The same thing is happening with Wingman command "Mission and Rejoin", the command is spoken but flight does not attach the mission target or reply unless you use the F-menu manually.

unknown.png

• Like 1

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

• 1 month later...