Refueling from a Chinook

Bedouin

• ED Team

To set up a "Fat Cow" FARP in DCS, really the only things you need is a Chinook, one of the new invisible FARP pads, and one of the FARP objects that enables refueling (as an unfortunate requirement that would break the immersion for die-hard simmers).

To make a "legit" version, maybe apply a warehouse function to the static CH-47 model, as an additional option or version of the object that has a few hoses or other small things placed around it.

Depending on how invasive ED would want to get into the DCS coding and 3D modeling, a proposal to add a "Refueling" mission to the AI CH-47 that will land at a waypoint that has a "Refuel" Task in the advanced waypoint options, and after it spools down some FARP equipment/personnel appear around it (kind of how some AI aircraft spawn pilots and/or fuselage covers shortly after shutdown). Whenever the task reaches a Stop condition or a trigger-activated flag, the equipment/personnel disappear, the aircraft spools up, and continues along the flight plan.

Edited by Raptor9
  • Like 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

• 2 weeks later...

@Raptor9 you could set that up with triggers,

| 1 once | when unit (CH-47) in zone  , when unit’s (CH-47) speed less than | activate Flag 1 |

| 1 once | when time since Flag 1 = eg 120 (it goes by seconds) | group deactivate (CH-47), group activate (group name for units like infantry etc. I think you might be able to add statics IDK), Group Activate FARP CH-46 (set this unit to start uncontrolled and under the x with circles add command Start) |

| 1 once | when unit out of zone (AH-64) | Activate Flag 2, Deactivate Group (Infantry etc.|

| 1 once | Time since flag 2 = 120 | AI Push task start (CH-46) |

Edited by aviation360
  • Like 1

• ED Team

A nice idea, but a general one for dcs as a whole, I have moved to general wish list.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2