What happened to the 'AI Panel'?

DeJohn

Mine worked just fine yesterday and the days before...

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Found the issue. Its not an issue with DCS but with Helios.

When using Helios 1.6 with the Helios Monitor configuration, if you go from an aircraft that has exports, ie F-16, A-10 etc, to something that doesn't have any exports like the UH-1. The Monitor configuration can't compensate for the lack of exports and DCS sees your full screen width and height. My main monitor used for the view port is 2560x1440 and 2nd monitor used for the Helios panel is 1920x1080, DCS sees this as a screen resolution of 4480x1440. Since the AI panel is normally placed in your lower right corner, this is sending it to an area that is off the bottom of the 2nd monitor, rather than using the view port resolution for its placement.

So I'm off to fiddle with the g_panel_page.lua to try and change where DCS will place it.

• Like 1

Ok, I give up!!!

At first I thought the issue might be with DCS, next maybe its Helios 1.6 (since before I got the F-16, I was mainly flying the UH-1 which doesn't have any exports, so I was always using just 1 monitor in the configuration.) 

However, there is nothing wrong with Helios monitor configuration, and after going over the g_panel_page.lua, on the surface it looks like DCS is compensating for multi monitors and making calculations based on the viewport. So what is my problem... First some facts about my setup. I'm using two monitors, #1 the main monitor is 2560 x 1440, this is my main viewport, #2 1920 x 1080, used for my Helios panels. This gives me a total resolution of 4480 x 1440.  In the g_panel_page.lua at line 10 is where the calculations for a multimonitor are made. But somewhere along the way DCS is reverting back to the Full Resolution for its placement. I have checked this against the other monitor setups in DCS's MonitorSetup and the results are the same.

Primarily this concerns the UH1 AI panel. But if you want to check whether the placement is figured correctly on your multimonitor setup... When in an aircraft of your choosing, open the Controls Indicator on your screen, is should be on the left side of your screen, at the (top, center or bottom). Now press LAlt + F1 to enter HUD only view,(which is how I fly when using Helios panels), if the indicator is not in the center of your viewport (top, center or bottom), but slightly off to the right of center, then the calculation is using your full resolution also.

Good luck and Happy Flying to you all.

I was having the same issue and came to the same conclusion for the cause. For me to get around it I use two different LUAs.

One is for "Multi Monitor" and used whenever the export is required. FA-18, A-10C etc. On top of the monitor is MFDs and Buddyfox.

The other is "Single Monitor" used for flying Helicopters such as UH-1H, Gazelle etc. All I do it turn the second screen off but still use the MFD / Buddyfox on top as button boxes.

If you like I can send my two LUA files as it looks like you have the same resolution across your screens as I do.

Hope this helps.

I've done several repairs. Issue is with both the OB and the Release versions.

I had hoped to find a solution without editing files, however since I could not find in the lua file where the issue is, I just modified the file to move the panel into the main view port. I also edited the controlsindicator.lua to move that to the middle of the view port while in HUD only mode.

• 1 month later...

I was able to move the AI panel from my secondary monitor to my primary one by editing the following file:

<DCS installation path>/Mods/aircraft/Uh-1H/Cockpit/Scripts/AI/ControlPanel/g_panel_page.lua

Look for the following line:

local shift_X           = -0.65

Back the original file up and play with the value.  The value of "-4.22" worked for me.  I don't play multiplayer so I don't know if this fail IC or not.

I'd also like to find a way to move the cargo view panel but that's not super high priority for me so I haven't looked into it yet.