L39ZA rockets visual bug

Eviscerador

I found this bug just by raw luck.

The bug is as follows: When you start a mission on cold start and you have any kind of AA missiles installed, if you change the payload on the outboard stations to rockets, the rocket launcher appears empty but you can fire them. Every time you fire one rocket, it will "spawn" on the launcher so after firing all the rockets the launcher will look full with them.

Rockets work fine, they explode and behave as they should, quantity is still 16 per launcher, it seems that for some reason once the launcher is loaded in the outboard station after having an AA missile installed before, the rocket animation is reversed, being empty and everytime you fire a rocket, the rocket is put in place (instead of the opposite)

It is a really minor bug but hey, since I found it I thought it would be a nice idea to report it.

Guide to replicate:

• Make a new mission in any map.
  • Choose a player L39ZA on cold start anywhere (I only tested on blue team, no idea if this matters)
  • On the mission editor, load the plane with AA missiles (either R60 o R3M)
  • Once you start the mission, go to crew menu and tell them to replace the R60 or R3M with S8M rockets.
  • Check in the ground that the outboard rocket pod is empty while the inboard rocket pod is full (the white warheads are clearly visible on the inboard pod)
  • Fly around and fire some rockets to enjoy spawning rockets on the launcher
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

23 hours ago, Eviscerador said:

I found this bug just by raw luck.

The bug is as follows: When you start a mission on cold start and you have any kind of AA missiles installed, if you change the payload on the outboard stations to rockets, the rocket launcher appears empty but you can fire them. Every time you fire one rocket, it will "spawn" on the launcher so after firing all the rockets the launcher will look full with them.

Rockets work fine, they explode and behave as they should, quantity is still 16 per launcher, it seems that for some reason once the launcher is loaded in the outboard station after having an AA missile installed before, the rocket animation is reversed, being empty and everytime you fire a rocket, the rocket is put in place (instead of the opposite)

It is a really minor bug but hey, since I found it I thought it would be a nice idea to report it.

Guide to replicate:

• Make a new mission in any map.
  • Choose a player L39ZA on cold start anywhere (I only tested on blue team, no idea if this matters)
  • On the mission editor, load the plane with AA missiles (either R60 o R3M)
  • Once you start the mission, go to crew menu and tell them to replace the R60 or R3M with S8M rockets.
  • Check in the ground that the outboard rocket pod is empty while the inboard rocket pod is full (the white warheads are clearly visible on the inboard pod)
  • Fly around and fire some rockets to enjoy spawning rockets on the launcher

Can confirm, track attached.

I placed a cold L-39ZA down with R-60Ms on the outer wing stations, then rearmed with the S-5KO rockets taking their place - the UB-16 pods appear empty (I placed another L-39ZA down with rockets already loaded for comparison).

L-39ZA_rearmed_UB-16_empty.trk

• Thanks 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Funny thing is that it is only a visual bug. The pods are full of rockets and you can fire them. Everytime you fire them the rocket spawn on the launcher. I found it because I used F2 view to check my rocket qty and I was sure I just fired 2 or 3 instead of the whole pod, so I kept firing and everytime I fired a rocket spawned on the launcher till I expended the amunition and I had a full pod (visual only, the pod was expended)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...