Alphasims Black Shark

XLR8

• 2 weeks later...
for a realistic visual the weapons are wrong though.

Export variants of Ka-50 do have a possibility of being equipped with R-73/Igla.

Looks like Alphasim's going to be the first team to release their own DCS addon.

Edited by DarkWanderer

You want the best? Here i am...

Hey guys, this will be not a competitor for DCS:Ka-50!;)

Is there a russian developer who is making such nice models for FSX?:music_whistling:

Yes, they could do more "programming stuff" on there models, but isn`t it a nice start for us helo freaks?

The manual is available for dl here: http://www.alphasim.co.uk/downloads/misc/Manual_Ka-50_EN.zip

Pls, went to the the Lead Designer from Alphasim if you have any suggestions for corrections. I think he will have a ear for that.:smilewink:

Edit: Good to hear that from you, Mnemonic.

Edited by EagleEye
addition

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

What is the point of having military helicopter which can't fire? I Can't get that one... Why would somebody buy such thing? Same as in MSFS 2004 Military helicopters, so lame... FSX should stick to civilian planes and helicopters... Or if you do military stuff, do it properly or don't do it at all, cos now KA-50 in FSX has as much use as inflatable doll...

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
What is the point of having military helicopter which can't fire? I Can't get that one... Why would somebody buy such thing? Same as in MSFS 2004 Military helicopters, so lame... FSX should stick to civilian planes and helicopters... Or if you do military stuff, do it properly or don't do it at all, cos now KA-50 in FSX has as much use as inflatable doll...

Well, my Squadbuddies will train on the AlphaSim Ka-50 for DCS:BS. Weapon deployment comes long after a painful time period of training how to handle a helicopter and engage with some real life tactics, at least at VVS504. So its not thaat sensless ;)

Well, my Squadbuddies will train on the AlphaSim Ka-50 for DCS:BS. Weapon deployment comes long after a painful time period of training how to handle a helicopter and engage with some real life tactics, at least at VVS504. So its not thaat sensless ;)

Well, rich people have rich habits... Talking like BS is coming out in 2020.

Edited by Peyoteros

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Peyoteros, you CAN fire the weapons with the X1 Software Eurofighter (http://www.x1software.net/index.php?id=460&L=4)!:D

Just joking, I`ve got your point.;)

My point is, if you have a favorite plane/helo and you would like to have it on your PC for flying, than you can get it. Until BS hit the stores there are not many alternatives to fly the Ka-50 on the PC.

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

I'm waiting for 3 years mate, couple of months won't make much difference. (That is funny, cos I never waited for my girlfriend longer than 15 minutes... ) I have MSFS 2004 add on Military helicopters. Man, no disrespect to MSFS team, but it sucks monkey balls. So, I'll wait for BS until the end of this year and then I'll stop waiting.

Edited by Peyoteros

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, at least i'm going to try to learn how to fly a helo. I'm not expecting it to be anywhere near the ED version, but still it's the only decent Ka-50 that will be available sooner than later.. i'm wouldn't bet ED releasing DCS in next 2 weeks or so.

And we'll at least be able to somewhat familiarize in what can be done with a helo in terms of flying as a group, and how visual arena is affected.. And i'm sure you as a Beta Tester know very well that flying a helo isn't exactly a piece of cake. :)

I ask why not? I spend more money on a friday night out than what either the alphasim ka-50 or DCS will eventually cost.. So why should i not get it? I'll be flying ka-50 with my squad before DCS will finally be released.. even if it's not exactly 100% realistic, it still is Ka-50, and the only one worth flying until DCS.

And when it comes to not a single one harcore flight simulator enthutiast should not get it.. I guess same would go for LO, as the avionics are rather simplified :)

In the end it's just a matter of what people want to do.. i'll be flying the Ka-50 with my mates before we get our hands on DCS.. we aren't that lucky to be able to fly it in DCS just yet ;)

I've read the manual - it was major disappointment for me :(

Also, there A LOT of errors here and there in the cockpit.

Anyone wanting to find out where exactly are the errors - see Producer's Notes videos.

My opinion - this addon doesn't worth it's money.

WBR, =FV=BlackDragon.

logo3435.gif[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are some errors such as the fire extinguisher switches being labeled as engine starters.

However I wouldn't expect Alphasim to model the Ka-50 with the same fidelity as ED has; ED has gone straight to Kamov for their information ... no contest there; can't blame Alphasim.

In general if you want flight dynamics for learning to fly a heli, I -believe- X-Plane fares better in that department, and then the most authentic FM for the Ka-50 itself will of course be presented in DCS.

This isn't a slam on Alphasim's product: They have put a lot of effort into it and done a good job with what they have on-hand and they've made a nice addon for FSX.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda