New Catumentary "Tomcat Tales"

Dustoff74

I also own this one, and it's a great first-person history of the F-14. Lots of great stories from the crews that flew the Tomcat over the years, and some good footage as well. I'm also not associated in any way with the production company, just figured I'd second the recommendation as I think most F-14 enthusiasts would really enjoy this one.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I've owned this for a couple of years now.  The part that made me laugh the most (and those who play the F-14 in DCS will know why) is when the Tomcat driver was talking about his German Luftwaffe guest in the backseat of the Tomcat and how he messed with him.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

2 hours ago, Kageseigi said:

This part caught my attention:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=u20c6jQhVI0&t=5738s

He says they loaded up with 3 Phoenix, 3 Sparrows, and 3 Sidewinders. How does that configuration work? I can't find a way to load up with 9 missiles. It seems like an odd thing to misremember.

Yeah, I don't see how that would work either.  Plus the weapons system can only account for 8 missile stations, afaik.