Admiral189 and CrazyEddies Augusta Westland AW101 Merlin - AI Only

51 minutes ago, Urbi said:

Great job by both of them. I had created a normal for the AW 101 that can no longer be seen. Instead, the normal of the USNS Patuxent is loaded. Such conflicts should be avoided.
There is also a conflict with the glass texture of the USNS Patuxent. this is loaded by the Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion. as this has no alpha, the panes are tight. If I have not installed the mod from the USNS Patuxent, the glass texture of mods from Admiral189 is loaded. why they all have the same name.

Use the normal that's provided in the Mod.   I cant do anything about people creating Mods that use the same name for texture files in different mods, I keep telling people to use unique names for texture files in their mods but that's all I can do, sorry. 

I dont use that version of the Patuxent, nor do I have the Ch53 so cannot see an issue with either.

As more and more groups create ever more complex mods the issue of conflicts gets worse and worse, for example a US Flag, if you name it "US_Flag.dds" for example and anyone else uses that same name then the Mod that gets listed first in the Mission Editor will be seen first and thats the texture that will appear. If YOU were to change that flag to another country's texture then if it is listed above the other Mod in the drop down then thats the flag you will see. That is just one of the many Conflict issues that are getting worse, there are many more and I wont bore you with it. 

I only paint the Mods, others make them, I can advise and try to cajole but its up to them after that.

Edited by crazyeddie

The link to the Ch53 is broken and has been broken for a while, but I will try to download both of those Mods and see if I can do anything to help.  This site is also acting up badly at the moment and its difficult to even make a posting at times. !!!

Urbi - I have installed the Ch-53 and Admirals Patuxent and I have no issues with either the normal or glass texture files in our AW101 Mod  - as you can see for yourself in these images.  The glass on the CH53 is a mess but thats how it was when I last looked at it a while ago and there is nothing I can do about that. 

It may be something to do with how you have your game and other mods set up but I cannot replicate your issues , sorry. 

I tried to put the Ch53 on the Patuxent deck but it falls right through, nothing I can do about that either. I use a completely different Patuxent Mod. 

Screen_210601_110322.png

Screen_210601_111041.png

Screen_210601_111453.png

Edited by crazyeddie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
19 hours ago, RaptorFighter said:

Missiles and projectiles fly through the model. This helicopter cannot be shot down.

I tried a simple Red ship against a Blue Helo (Merlin) - helo crossing in front of Moscow, missiles bring it down every time. I then tried several other helo's to see what happens, missiles bring them down as well, eventually. Bullets dont appear to harm the Merlin. Some take more of a hammering than others, which would be reasonable I suppose. What I do see with the Merlin is that the helo once hit by a missile disappears, all that is visible is flames and a cloud of smoke sinking into the sea.  I have no idea how to fix the bullets issue but I will try to fix the damaged helo issue.  

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Like 1

I did not convert the model, I just painted the skins, so the dynamics of it are a bit of a mystery to me.  That said, there is something peculiar going on with helo's which I cant explain.  I created a small mission, 1 x armed ASW helo crossing in front of the Moscow at about 5 miles separation. Moscow fires her AA guns and mamy rounds appear to hit the helo but do not bring it down.  The helo goes out of range of the aa guns and Moscow fires missiles at it - they always bring it down.  Here is the evidence. 

I also noticed that the damage model in the Mod is a smaller light helo type, and that is not showing up. I simple replaced that damage model with the edm for the main helo and that does appear, so thats solved part of the problem. I will investigate the survivability factors that stop bullets killing it, they should be able to bring it down.  I have no idea how any of that works but leave it with me.   

Screen_210808_120620.png

Screen_210808_120621.png

Screen_210808_120629.png

Screen_210808_120702.png

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There was no template for this Mod. When I bought it, it had one simple RAF skin, that was all.  I ripped that apart to create the skins we issued with the Mod, once Admiral had converted it to DCS use for me.   All the skins you see are based on that single original skin, converted to what you see by me, and it took a while to do them all.

• 2 weeks later...

Here it is, not quite perfect, its hard to match the existing aircraft to this version so this is my closest compromise.  This skin will fit all three versions of the Mod inc the folding.

16/11/21 - Updated Link:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/qs0rjggglfpe8sj/Polish Naval Merlin.zip?dl=0

The red warning box near the tail has the word Danger in it, the actual aircraft has something in Polish above that but I could not find an image good enough to read it, if anyone has an image pass it on and I'll update the skin. (Something I can actually read please, I can make guesses for myself but decided not to do that) !!

The Number on the side is also a bit of a guess, again no clear image of the actual aircraft to work from, the last number could any one of several. 

Screen_211113_103114.png

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

I found some pictures on https://www.flickr.com/photos/56454775@N06/with/51686998536/
Board number is: ZR286
Red warning box: NIE PODCHODŹIĆ (top) DANGER (bottom). "NIE PODCHODŹIĆ" - Do not approach
Great work. Love your mod.

Do you have by any chance paint kit for this beauty?

On 11/13/2021 at 2:31 AM, crazyeddie said:

Here it is, not quite perfect, its hard to match the existing aircraft to this version so this is my closest compromise.  This skin will fit all three versions of the Mod inc the folding.

16/11/21 - Updated Link:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/qs0rjggglfpe8sj/Polish Naval Merlin.zip?dl=0

The red warning box near the tail has the word Danger in it, the actual aircraft has something in Polish above that but I could not find an image good enough to read it, if anyone has an image pass it on and I'll update the skin. (Something I can actually read please, I can make guesses for myself but decided not to do that) !!

The Number on the side is also a bit of a guess, again no clear image of the actual aircraft to work from, the last number could any one of several. 

Screen_211113_103114.png

• 1 month later...