Strange left eye clipping on supercarrier

Buzzer1977

There is some strange clipping in VR on the super carrier (CVN-73)
One 3rd of the left screen in VR is somehow clipped and flickering. Problem can also be seen on the mirrored image on the Desktop.
Trackfile is larger then 5MB so i can't add it.

https://youtu.be/0784-UF0CyQ

https://youtu.be/qImgYE-RIy8

A2AGunFESTSyria.miz

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, MSI MEG x570 Unify, G.Skill 128GB DDR4-3200, MSI RTX3090 Ventus 3x 24GB, Samsung PCIe 4.0 M.2 1TB 980 Pro, Seagate PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB FireCuda 520, Quest 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Can not reproduce on my G2, 

do you have any overlays running? 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Can confirm problem. Using my Reverb on 60 Hz I started to bring nearly every setting to max. Thats the point, where all the problems of DCS engine merge. That special problem here described was solved by turning off either MSAA or  Global Cockpit Illumination and  Bloom. The last two I switched off together, so maybe the problem comes from one of these combinations.

Edited by Foxmike
Dictionary

On 3/2/2021 at 10:46 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Can not reproduce on my G2, 

do you have any overlays running? 

No, plain DCS, no overlays.

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, MSI MEG x570 Unify, G.Skill 128GB DDR4-3200, MSI RTX3090 Ventus 3x 24GB, Samsung PCIe 4.0 M.2 1TB 980 Pro, Seagate PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB FireCuda 520, Quest 3

• ED Team

We do have a black flashing reported internally but it is for the bottom of the display. 

Although I can not reproduce this I am hopeful it is related to the issue you are seeing and it is being worked on.

thank you

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Buzzer1977 that's exactly the issue I started having about 2 weeks ago!

Seems to only/mainly be the right eye in my Valve Index.  I've narrowed it down in my F-16 when my lights are in flash mode, all on, as well as when the cockpit flood light dial is rotated past 30%. 

Night missions are pretty painful, if I get near wingman with their lights on, or taxiway signed it gets bad (NVGs tend to reduce it though).  Also happens in daylight with external lights but less often.

I also have a hard time recreating in SP...  MP easily, whether I'm near another pilot or empty server...

I've tried the last 3 versions of nVidia drivers, all same result.  Even tried their new (2 day old) hotfix release... same with wiping shader/fxo, etc areas per normal update routine

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve had some black flashing off and on for some time, really bad in the A10CII.  Seemed tied to the cockpit flood lights.  The flashing is gone 90% of the time if I turn off the floods.  Recently I had the flashing, right eye only on a G2, and was playing with the Steam SS setting and the PD settings in DCS. The flashing went away when I adjusted my computer for max FPS in VR. I wonder if the flashing is more of a symptom of low FPS and not necessarily tied directly to MSAA, bloom or other graphic setting besides them slowing down the FPS.  

I have the same problem on the super carrier with my G2. And yesterday I noticed the same happening flying the F16 out of Incrilik airbase on the Syria map. Turning of bloom doesn’t help. Side note, a friend flying the Reverb G2 aswell has the same problem.

Is there a way to turn off MSAA in DCS and replacing it in the Nvidia control panel?

Kind regards

Jorik

Intel i7 8700k 5,0Ghz OC

Nvidia GTX1080Ti

32Gb DDR4 3200Mhz RAM

HP Reverb Pro

Selfmade Alu Rail 4080 mounts

TM HOTAS WARTHOG

Virpil 100mm extension + Virpil VFX + TM F/A-18 Stick

TM MFD's

Saitek Pedals