AI WW2 overperforming

I gave the Fw190A8 a try and i own the ME109, Spit and P51. Honestly, no matter what you do, the ai are still op. They still can climb almost vertical while I run out of power. I have now tried every warbird, but I am not able to outperform the ai generally

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Forget about the AI, especially a dogfight with the spitfire.

they barely drain energy  with maneuvers and are capable of climbing in an absurd way, impossible maneuvers for a human, never overshoot in defense maneuvers and not to mention aim and deflections shoots.

Then you can destroy part of the plane but they keep flying like nothing.

need to work a lot on AI, try with a human pilot, will see the diference

Edited by lt_d4n
  • Like 1

On 2/18/2021 at 4:33 AM, lt_d4n said:

Then you can destroy part of the plane but they keep flying like nothing.

• Like 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

I don't find it all black and white. The AI's FM performance varies with the skill level setting. I fly mostly Bf-109K4 and FW-190D, and I have set up a number of missions flying against various AI. With the Bf-109 I can defeat P-51D, P-47 and even the MiG-21bis without too much trouble. The Spit is different. I can defeat it at Rookie level; but at any higher level it flies as if it had no mass, unlimited manoeverability and no G force issues. Even if I can get behind it, it will just climb like a rocket or manoevre so wildly that I either overshoot or lose all energy so it can escape and attack.

The FW-190 turns poorly, so there is no way I can beat the Spit or the MiG-21; but I can beat the P-51 and the P-47. You have to stay high until you are in attack position.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...

Agreeing with the OP on this.  ED really need to get some development time spent on toning down the AI

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• 2 months later...

All AI are unrealistic overperformers, but the Spit seems to be at the top. When it's set to anything higher than trained, I have a feeling it could be used to launch satellites into orbit.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5