Devs -any chance of info on buildings?

I think Lockon terrain is a work of art. Has been great fun since I got Lockon to just fly around over towns and find basketball courts, tennis courts, football stadiums, etc. Brilliant! Then spotting MiG-19 gate guardians on airbases, historical monuments/tourist sites in the Crimea, etc. Even the piece of rock at the bottom of the cliff at Swallows Nest, I eventually found out on a website about how it got there.

I am not convinced I have seen every different building. Looking through ...\terrain\structures\high, there seems to be lots I have never seen - cafe, cinema, 3 types of Hotel (I've only remember 2), etc. etc.

I assume somewhere the terrain devs have screenshots of all their different buildings and what they are. Slightly sad request I know :roll: , but any chance of putting them somewhere on the site?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

I gotta admit everytime I play Lockon I always find something new when I'm flying lowlevel. It would be cool if we could land our Su25s on the road and top up at the gas station. I've heard they run on diesel in emergencies.

cheers

Subs

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I gotta admit everytime I play Lockon I always find something new when I'm flying lowlevel. It would be cool if we could land our Su25s on the road and top up at the gas station. I've heard they run on diesel in emergencies.

cheers

Subs

If I m correct you will be able to land on roads in v1.1 :D

GROM- Grupa Reagowania Operacyjno Manewrowego

You can land on roads NOW with any AC.

The Su-25 will be able to land OFF road AFAIK, but not without damage.

The catch is, no refuelling or rearming unless you're at a base.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I gotta admit everytime I play Lockon I always find something new when I'm flying lowlevel.

Same here - in fact, only a few minutes ago I discovered this strange building. No idea what it is, but it looks cool ;)

I also found another building with a sign in Russian on top of it - it looks like it says "КИНОТЕДТР", but putting that into an online translator didn't work. Any of the Russian-speaking forum members care to tell us what it means? :)

I gotta admit everytime I play Lockon I always find something new when I'm flying lowlevel.

Same here - in fact, only a few minutes ago I discovered this strange building. No idea what it is, but it looks cool ;)

I also found another building with a sign in Russian on top of it - it looks like it says "КИНОТЕДТР", but putting that into an online translator didn't work. Any of the Russian-speaking forum members care to tell us what it means? :)

It means Cinema although the reason you weren`t able to translate it is because you`ve spelt it wrong Д=d, it should be an A.

Yes, it`s "кинотеатр", "the cinema". And the first object is "метеобюро", I don`t know the exact translation, may be "weather-bureau".

Коричневые очки никогда не поранят мозг. Они небьющиеся.

Brown-coloured spectacles will never harm a brain. They are unbreakable. (с) Me

сфсвсг

I'm the future of the Russian government.

According to Scott Lofgren,

Bentley Systems global director.

Метеобюро.

Пивко. "Пивко" is diminutive form of "пиво", beer.

Tribal tower.

Mosque.

Tower. I don't know the exact translation of the inscription on the door, the meaning of it is "registration of permits". Inside. Some more.

Fire extinguishers.

Toilet. Типа сортир, обозначенный буквами "МЭ" и "ЖО" (untranslatable Russian folklore :) ).

It's not a Photoshop, it's a North Pole!

And look here, here there are no unidentified ground objects, but many interesting and funny screenshots.

сфсвсг

cheers

Subs

Yes we can now land on roads and allways could.....

In FC we'll be able to land in fields, this some thing that I wanted to do ever since the Flanker days..... :lol:

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Thats the thing that amazes me about Lockon, I was amazed at some of those pics of the control tower. Man the attention to detail, there is even a couple of guys in there. Also the cranes, boats and trains, very cool to watch. Certainly a cool target is a moving train!

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Excellent info LemonLime! That is a taste of the kind of info I was looking for.

The Weather Bureau building I found whilst flying around Saki a couple of weeks ago and had never seen before. Is the one at Saki the only one on the map - does anyone know?

The toilet I had seen at train stations and had guessed it was a toilet, but had not zoomed in close enough to see the Men/Women writing on the wall!

Where are those fire extinguishers? Have not seen those before, are they inside the control tower?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Excellent info LemonLime! That is a taste of the kind of info I was looking for.
Thanks, but it aren't my screenshots, I took it from here. First I wanted to give the link to that topic, but russian abridgements and typing errors don't help to the correct translating the text. And I gave you links directly to some images.

The Weather Bureau building I found whilst flying around Saki a couple of weeks ago and had never seen before. Is the one at Saki the only one on the map - does anyone know?
There are many Weather Bureaus in LockOn's map. In that topic had mentioned about the south of Sotchi, Slavyansk-Na-Kubani and Novyi Afon.

Where are those fire extinguishers? Have not seen those before, are they inside the control tower?
I don't know; how I said, it's not my screenshot.

сфсвсг

Метеобюро.

Пивко. "Пивко" is diminutive form of "пиво", beer.

Tribal tower.

Mosque.

Tower. I don't know the exact translation of the inscription on the door, the meaning of it is "registration of permits". Inside. Some more.

Fire extinguishers.

Toilet. Типа сортир, обозначенный буквами "МЭ" и "ЖО" (untranslatable Russian folklore :) ).

It's not a Photoshop, it's a North Pole!

And look here, here there are no unidentified ground objects, but many interesting and funny screenshots.

LMAO.... I like the toilet one and North pole... Toilet one reminds me of old "Siberian Toilet" joke, which you probably heard.

The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.

Oxking, that is the Swallows Nest - the most famous landmark in the Crimea!

Check this link for great pictures of the real thing.

http://www.geocities.com/livnlet/Crimea.html

and here for more details

http://blacksea.free.fr/index.php?action=Show&page=ShowItems&itemStr=Topic&itemId=311

Blacksea.free.fr is a good site for info on the region, for example check out stuff on Georgia/Abkhazia conflict. Good background for making your own missions/campaigns...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you for the links.

I always would to search for this when i play LockOn,

but i forgot it every time when i surfing through the internet. :roll:

So now i know about it in real, thanks. :)

Greetings,

OxKing from Germany

oxsig.jpg