F15C Night Cockpit

rattler

Hi Guys:

Got a question about the night inside cockpit render. Is there a file that can be changed to change to color of the inside of the cockpit at night. Mine has this brownish hue and would like to get rid of it and get it down to a darkish gray,like you would normally see, except for the gauge lighting. This did not seem to be a problem in v1.02 but FC has this terrible brownish color. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.:(

Its just an overlay color in the cockpit over the daytime instraments...it seems pretty easy to do, really. Just select a color you want, open the gauges, and create a new layer (red, blue, transparent...) over the original texture.

Its just an overlay color in the cockpit over the daytime instraments...it seems pretty easy to do, really. Just select a color you want, open the gauges, and create a new layer (red, blue, transparent...) over the original texture.

Thanks Hitman. I think I get what you mean but how do I change the frame, sidepanels, etc. as the whole cockpit has this brownish hue. Do the same thing, overlay all the cockpit parts with a different hue?

Rattler

Tried but got nowhere with it. I have F15 cockpit mod2.0(green gauges), smooth canopy frame and smooth hud frame mods. See attachments for issue with night cockpit. If anyone knows what file to change and hitman, would appreciate it if you have a look and see what might be the problem. Thanks guys.

This is the original F15C not the Walmis one. Would like to get rid of the brownish look with something more in the dark gray hue.

I see: The "brownish" look fits to the default orange lights, but not to the blue ones.

I would be really nice if thats gonna be fixed!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Your talking about the overall tint of the interior when you turn the pit lights on, right?

Yes that is right. If I turn them on during daytime I don't get brownish hue. Night flights are the only time the brownish hue shows. I checked the .tga.cdds and everything looks ok, I can't see where the brownish hue is coming from.

I see: The "brownish" look fits to the default orange lights, but not to the blue ones.

I would be really nice if thats gonna be fixed!

Going to give it my best shot, ask some modders etc. and see if we can get rid of the brownish hue. Looks horrible to me. Those are a greenish /blue gauge mod by Archer. Looks really nice. Keep an eye out, if it can be fixed, it will be done as soon as I can find out where the rendering for this is coming from.

Yes that is right. If I turn them on during daytime I don't get brownish hue. Night flights are the only time the brownish hue shows. I checked the .tga.cdds and everything looks ok, I can't see where the brownish hue is coming from.

Ill give you an example of what to do here...Ill just post some screenshots. Im still making my cockpit mod myself (F-15 and A-10 steam gauges), but if I have time, Ill revamp the cockit night textures this weekend. Ill just pick a file for now and post what I did.

Original F-15 Gauges (daytime)

F-15-PRIBORY-6.jpg

Original F-15 Gauges (night time)

F-15-PRIBORY-6N.jpg

What I did:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

New night gauges in blue shade:

F-15-PRIBORY-6-1.jpg

Blue isnt a good color for shading as it saturates blacks too much. Orange colors work well since dark and light colors dont blend together that well. The night textures are slightly different since the textures on the gauges are missing, and all you have are the basic gauges. You can see the difference on what Im talking about in the first 2 screens.

Edited by hitman_214th

Original F-15 Gauges (daytime)

F-15-PRIBORY-6.jpg

Original F-15 Gauges (night time)

F-15-PRIBORY-6N.jpg

What I did:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

New night gauges in blue shade:

F-15-PRIBORY-6-1.jpg

Blue isnt a good color for shading as it saturates blacks too much. Orange colors work well since dark and light colors dont blend together that well. The night textures are slightly different since the textures on the gauges are missing, and all you have are the basic gauges. You can see the difference on what Im talking about in the first 2 screens.

I think I see what you are doing but I don't think my photo program will allow me to do this. I will try. Appreciate you taking time to look at this as I know you are busy with your own stuff. Keep in touch and I will try on my end and let you know if I get it working.

Rattler

Hitman

HI hitman:

I can't do the layer, and opque with my software, so when you get yours done, would you be kind enough to send the file for changing the night hue. I am going to stick with the gauges I got. Hope you post a screenee of your gauges when you get them done. Would love to see them. Thanks for your help with all of this.Cheers and good luck with your cockpit mods.

hitman

Gees your a busy guy. Have to take a look. Working on my own cockpit for the VNAO tomcat. Coming along ok. This is my own, nothing to do with what the VNAO Project team is doing. Hope they find a plugin so you can change the MFD displays though. Wish I could afford Photoshop as I think I could follow what you were doing to change that brownish look of the F15. Hope you feel the same about the look and change it. I can do transparancy but I can't add or subtract layers. I will keep an eye on lockonfiles for your new gauges.Cheers.Good luck and don't forget to take a breath once in a while, ha ha.

Rattler

@Crayola: You wanna keep the mod for your squad only or is it available for public?

Btw.: Great lookin'!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

hitman

Gees Man Beautiful job on the cockpits. Love the green. Now that's a night cockpit. Why they screwed up the F15C , god knows. Great job Hitman, your Sqd. should all be happy campers with those cockpits. Now to get that F15C looking that good. Still messing around with my photo editor. Might just stumble across something I did not know I could do with it. Microsoft Picture-it.Good luck with your F15 and A10 but by the looks of things, you don't need any luck, great job. Thanks for the look!!! Cheers.

Rattler

Gees Man Beautiful job on the cockpits. Love the green. Now that's a night cockpit. Why they screwed up the F15C , god knows. Great job Hitman, your Sqd. should all be happy campers with those cockpits. Now to get that F15C looking that good. Still messing around with my photo editor. Might just stumble across something I did not know I could do with it. Microsoft Picture-it.Good luck with your F15 and A10 but by the looks of things, you don't need any luck, great job. Thanks for the look!!! Cheers.

Rattler

I didnt make that cockpit...

Hitman

Yes Hitman I know, you worked the gauges, etc. but it still makes for a nice cockpit and you did that. I will be happy when you turn your attention to the F15C, I can't do anything with that brownish hue. I guess I don't have the proper photo editor to do it. Cheers and keep up the good work!!

Rattler

Here's what i did for my squadron. I customized the Su-27 and Su-33 Cockpits so that everything looks nice and stands out.

Crayola,

It looks like you simply darkened the daytime textures to black or almost black. Is that the case? I've always been under the impression that the nightime cockpit "glow" was hard coded and was not a texture file that could be modified. Am I wrong?

SwissKnight,

Since I normally fly my Desktop resolution but in windowed mode, I've never noticed that. But I just gave it a try in full screen. Unfortunately, my results were different:

FC_021.jpg

FC_022.jpg

I'll keep the night time glow.

Rich

Edited by Ironhand
Add response to SwissKnight's post

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 11 Pro x64, Asrock Z790 Steel Legend MoBo, Intel i7-13700K, MSI RKT 4070 Super 12GB, Corsair Dominator DDR5 RAM 32GB.

Crayola,

It looks like you simply darkened the daytime textures to black or almost black. Is that the case? I've always been under the impression that the nightime cockpit "glow" was hard coded and was not a texture file that could be modified. Am I wrong?

SwissKnight,

Since I normally fly my Desktop resolution but in windowed mode, I've never noticed that. But I just gave it a try in full screen. Unfortunately, my results were different:

FC_021.jpg

FC_022.jpg

I'll keep the night time glow.

Rich

If you can stand that ugly brownish hue, your welcome to it. I'd rather have something more realistic. Yes your second pic is bright but at least you won't get sick looking at it. Yes darker would be the prefered look but IMO, I will take anything other than that brown hue. Hard coded you may be right. V1.02 did not have the brown hue but a darker cockpit........