Missing Radar Functionality?

J20Stronk

So I was looking through the HOTAS commands earlier today, and I discovered a number of inputs tied to functionality that is either not present yet or not modeled correctly.

For starters, SPOT mode, which is accessible by depressing the T5/TDC mini-stick while in RWS or VS. It appears inop atm.

VS-STT with Ranging, which would let us engage targets at a much greater distance than TWS/RWS. Right now, depressing T5 in VS just switches to TWS.

WIDE/NAR for ACM by pressing S2 while in a DGFT mode. Inop.

S1 Sensor Select Forward doesn't cycle gun reticles while in ACM. Also the RDR page isn't automatically made SOI, so if it isn't already SOI when you enter ACM you won't be able to switch ACM modes.

S1 Sensor Select Press, "Allow Enter DTT" with an HPT in TWS/SAM. Not sure what that means exactly, but it does nothing right now.

And I think there's a couple more things, but those are the ones that caught my attention.

Also it seems as though TDC depress and release aren't correctly modeled.

For example, the manual says the radar will lock a contact in TWS/RWS when T5 is released, but in the game it locks them as soon as you depress T5, so...

Will these modes be added later? Thanks.

Edited by J20Stronk
  • Like 4

• J20Stronk changed the title to Missing Radar Functionality?
23 hours ago, J20Stronk said:

S1 Sensor Select Press, "Allow Enter DTT" with an HPT in TWS/SAM. Not sure what that means exactly, but it does nothing right now.

you need to hold that to be allowed to designate DTT in real plane if i recall correctly. deka mentioned it before. it doesnt work like that in the game.

i agree, it is concerning how weirdly the AA radar is implemented. my top gripe is tws tracks behaving like bricks.

• Like 2

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

• 1 year later...
On 3/27/2021 at 3:06 PM, J20Stronk said:

So I was looking through the HOTAS commands earlier today, and I discovered a number of inputs tied to functionality that is either not present yet or not modeled correctly.

For starters, SPOT mode, which is accessible by depressing the T5/TDC mini-stick while in RWS or VS. It appears inop atm.

VS-STT with Ranging, which would let us engage targets at a much greater distance than TWS/RWS. Right now, depressing T5 in VS just switches to TWS.

WIDE/NAR for ACM by pressing S2 while in a DGFT mode. Inop.

S1 Sensor Select Forward doesn't cycle gun reticles while in ACM. Also the RDR page isn't automatically made SOI, so if it isn't already SOI when you enter ACM you won't be able to switch ACM modes.

And I think there's a couple more things, but those are the ones that caught my attention.

Also it seems as though TDC depress and release aren't correctly modeled.

For example, the manual says the radar will lock a contact in TWS/RWS when T5 is released, but in the game it locks them as soon as you depress T5, so...

Will these modes be added later? Thanks.

2 years later....  Seems there hasn't been any change. Add T2 Press for "Select Manual Submode" in AG Master Mode to the not implemented list. And the 'updated' Chinese manual (let alone the outdated English manual) still has those functions listed in their tables even though they are not implemented.  

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN
  • Like 4

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2023 at 10:19 AM, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

2 years later....  Seems there hasn't been any change. Add T2 Press for "Select Manual Submode" in AG Master Mode to the not implemented list. And the 'updated' Chinese manual (let alone the outdated English manual) still has those functions listed in their tables even though they are not implemented.  

We now have the SPOT !