[No Bug] Can't fire Maverick 65G

stoop

I'm trying to fire AGM-65G Mavericks using the DMT.  I have it locked in DMT, uncaged on Maverick, target looks to be locked, IRMV in HUD (I have tried with it boxed and unboxed), Master Arm on, AG mode selected - but when I hit the release button nothing at all happens.

Anyone think of a step I haven't taken?

Only thing you don't clearly mention is locking DMT versus locking the MAV. 

With the DMT locked onto a target, you still need to lock the MAV after you uncaged and selected it (boxed IMAV in HUD). 

That being said, even if you do, doesn't mean it'll work. I'm fairly certain the MAV is glitched. Using the proper sequence, I sometimes need to press TDC Action 18 times before the MAV locks. That last step seem to not be working all the time. 

And also, I'm not sure about this one, but I think that unlike bombs, the MAV needs that DESIGNATE is not boxed in your EHSD. 

Edited by Sylosis

Windows 10-64bits, i7-8700k, GTX 1080Ti, 32 Gb RAM, MSI Monitor 32in 165Hz.

Mirage 2000C, F5-E, Mig21bis, A10-C, FC3, F-18, AV-8B N/A, F-14, F-16, SuperCarrier

I've just started learning the Harrier and when It came to launching those Mavericks I about pulled out all my hair haha. I did everything right(or so I though) uncaged, locked, in range etc but It would not fire. After doing some forum and google searching I ran across a post saying you need to have your nozzles at 0. Anything other than 0 the Maverick will not fire or seems to never fire. So far I have been able to fire every time now with the nozzles at 0. Hope this helps.

On 4/3/2021 at 9:38 PM, wraith76 said:

After doing some forum and google searching I ran across a post saying you need to have your nozzles at 0. Anything other than 0 the Maverick will not fire or seems to never fire. So far I have been able to fire every time now with the nozzles at 0. Hope this helps.

Doesn't make it easier when Razbam default start configuration is to have nozzles in 10 degrees, even in the air start. They should fix that and make the proper angles. 

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2021 at 2:38 PM, wraith76 said:

I've just started learning the Harrier and when It came to launching those Mavericks I about pulled out all my hair haha. I did everything right(or so I though) uncaged, locked, in range etc but It would not fire. After doing some forum and google searching I ran across a post saying you need to have your nozzles at 0. Anything other than 0 the Maverick will not fire or seems to never fire. So far I have been able to fire every time now with the nozzles at 0. Hope this helps.

Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhh.... this one got me a couple of times in the past. Now it’s part of my fence-in check! 🙂

• 5 months later...
  • AlphaJuliet changed the title to [No Bug] Can't fire Maverick 65G