DYK Sight behavior with radar ranging and impact point

Mauritz

If you perform a DYK bombing in PRECISION (ANF) mode with radar ranging active the steering queue on trigger down pulls down to the bottom of the sight. With radar ranging disabled (253) or Quick mode (NAV) you get the correct pullup queue.

In either case the stick is centered on the targeted impact point, i.e half the bombs falls short. Don't know if this is intended behavior.

So to reproduce, perform a bombing attack in precision DYK mode with radar ranging active. Observe steering queue behavior, and mean bomb impact point.

20210410000554_1.jpg

I use DYK/ANF the most, and I haven't seen that behavior of the steering cue.  I think mine usually goes up.  I wonder if this is pitch angle and speed dependent?  I'll take a look later tonight.

Edit:  My memory was faulty.  I do see the steering director move down instead of up.

Edited by Machalot

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

5 hours ago, Machalot said:

I use DYK/ANF the most, and I haven't seen that behavior of the steering cue.  I think mine usually goes up.  I wonder if this is pitch angle and speed dependent?  I'll take a look later tonight.

Yes, I also remember it working some year back, did a deep repair of my dcs install and reinstalled the module before testing to be sure.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2021 at 12:10 AM, Mauritz said:

If you perform a DYK bombing in PRECISION (ANF) mode with radar ranging active the steering queue on trigger down pulls down to the bottom of the sight.

this happens to me too.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...