add setting for HMD / HMCS display to move with users gaze (with Track IR)

Talvid

6 hours ago, MadKreator said:

I was just thinking this would be a great feature! Some sort of offset adjustment to let the hmd move across the screen when turning your head with track IR. Sometimes I’m trying to spot an enemy ground unit at about 5:00 position and slave my tgp to the hmcs to get in the area , for the next pass. It gets really awkward trying to keep your head turned and look back at the center of the screen lol I’m not even on triples, just a single 5120x1440.

It would essentially have to be a relative position axis specific to the HMD overlay, complete with curves and everything, where the “input” is the camera yaw angle.

• Like 1

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

On 3/18/2022 at 5:22 AM, Tippis said:

It would essentially have to be a relative position axis specific to the HMD overlay, complete with curves and everything, where the “input” is the camera yaw angle.

I wish I knew anything at all about coding, I’d be all over this! Probably way easier said than done but it would be such a great mod/ addition!

• Like 1

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Am 26.4.2021 um 08:49 schrieb draconus:

No, you're right. Just the HMD would move to the side. I got confused - my mistake.

This would be so cool. A option in special settings that hmd is moving to the border of the monitor with head movement. With Track ir the HMD can only proper be user 20° around the hud, the it is out of view...

• Like 1

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti

• 3 months later...

Just chipping in - this is the thing that I hate about head tracking outside VR. HMD is super natural to use in VR, but my VR headset is big and hot and heavy. Sometimes I want to fly 2d. But with an ultrawide monitor, when I'm looking at the edge of the screen, the JHMCS is still in the middle.

If the HMD placement was attached to the TrackIR X axis with a percentage difference, or a curve, then it would 'drift' to the edge of the screen when you moved your head that way - at least until it hit a limit at the edge of the screen. That way, you could set it up to move no more than say 30 deg to the edge of the monitor, whilst TrackIR allowed you to continue to move your head to look behind you (for instance).

Effectively, a separate axis for HMD position based on input from TrackIR would solve this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gaming Rig: Ryzen 5900X, AMD 6700XT, 64GB DDR4, WD SN850X. Samsung Odyssey G5 34”, or an Oculus Rift S.

Eagerly Anticipating: OH-58, Eurofighter Typhoon, C-130, Chinook

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2023 at 4:14 PM, Kazputin said:

Effectively, a separate axis for HMD position based on input from TrackIR would solve this.

This would be the solution!

Its funny, if you ask ChatGPT, this is exactly the solution that ChatGPT suggests. But unfortunately no axis commands exist in DCS to control the position of the HMCS - lol. 

Edited by Rapti
  • Like 2

I am 110% all for this, still 😃

• Like 2

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

A really wonderful feature to have ... please please ! I was thinking to switch profiles with a button on the TrackIr software so that you normally have an almost fixed view and when you need to mark points with the HMD you activate a more 1:1 trackir profile to have the hmd on the spot. Just a workaround to test. 

• Like 2