Cockpit Dimension VR

Rosebud47

The Cockpit Dimension in VR always feel off to me in the Kamov, like a too blocky focus on to the front panel. I don´t know, if it is only a subjective impression or if impressions of other KA-50 pilots differ totally. As well never saw a KA-50 cockpit in real life. So it´s just an impression that something is off in the dimensions of the VR cockpit.

If so, I´d wish it to be revised for BS3, like the newer modules, which were built up from scratch with VR in mind.

Oh, and, eh, I wish a pilot body in VR with a black motorcycle leather jacket. 🙂    

Edit: Okay, scratch the leatherjacket, but the VR cockpit dimensions is really something to have a look into.

Edited by - Voight -

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

The only way I know of adjusting the cockpit size is by changing the IPD setting in the VR options page. I've got mine set to 40 (but have had it all the way to 50). I don't know either what proper dimensions are, but I set it to what I think feels right. When I first got my Reverb G2, it looked like I was in plane built for dwarves. Took a bit of investigation to work it out.

this cockpit is a new cockpit built to the correct dimensions. with VR in mind.

it was the old cockpit that was not.

try 2 things.

1 IPD settings of the VR headset. if the dimensions around you feel off this is often an IPD issue in VR. 

you cannot adjust your inter pupillary distance in real life. so if it is off in VR it just makes the world look weird because dimensions are wrong. (no experience of it)

set it to your actual IPD. or adjust it. till it looks right.

2 start position of the virtual head.

the f-16 update, that introduced the f16, messed up the start position of my head in the huey.

every time i start a mission my head is floating about 6 inches in front of the virtual body.

I need to move the head position back to the right place to get the correct view of the cockpit. 

i lean forward 6 inches, press the view reset and sit back.

head is in the correct position and everything looks right.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Thanks for your tipps, but it´s not the adjustment by IPD scaling or the right position of the head in VR.

The new cockpit update surely was a huge and much needed improvement of the visuals - just remember that huge stick before -, but somehow it still does not feel right in VR.

Don´t you have the impression that the front panel is way to big in width and length while the sidepanels feel right? And the gauges and indicators on the front panel are too big and blocky.

Hmm, maybe you´re right and it is just the scaling in VR being off and needs to be adjusted by the IPD setting. Didn´t fiddled around with the IPD setting for long time and left it unchecked, as I was flying mostly newer modules, for which it was fine. 

Sitting in the KA-50 always reminds me of a geometrical structure made for 2D screens to provide a good overview on the front panel on the monitor screen... it´s a bit like in the F-5.

Despite that the F-16 or Hornet, Spitfire, P-47, Tomcat and other look perfectly right in VR. I´m not sure if with the cockpit update in the KA-50, the entire cockpit was rebuild or only the surfaces of the panels.  It´s not ranting, love the modules anyway, but somehow it feels always off in scale or dimension or geometry sitting in the KA-50 in VR. A bit like things in the cockpit which a more far away from your point of view appear bigger than things that are closer to your point of view. It´s difficult to describe, but an impression always comes to my mind in the KA-50.   

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

Yeah, you´re right! I have googled some pictures of the real KA-50 cockpit and the front panel with the HSI, VVI and other gauges are actually that massive and prominent in the cockpit.

The thing is, that I flew many different aircrafts these days in different weather condition after the new 2.7 patch. As well the modules I haven´t flown for a while, like the Kamov.

So it comes to the impression, that somehting is off in VR with KA-50, what really bothered me, as it is one of my favourites modules. Now, as you could have falsify that impression, I could continue enjoying the KA-50. Thanks for your replies.